Sign in to follow this  
tinmouse

Review of the NEW Carenado C172

Hello all!

This is a review of the new Carenado C172 with G1000, which came out Tuesday 8th.

Let me know what you think and are you interested in tutorials on the G1000?

Thanks!  :  )

Also, do you think I could have left humour out of this video?

Edited by Jim Young
Embedded the video

Personally, even though I do have a pretty good sense of humor, I find it distracting in a serious review video.  Other than that, it was a good video.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thanks for your comment Stans! It's a balancing act, too much humor can get in the way sometimes. Maybe I'll take a page out of Top Gear's book!

Moved from Review Feedback to the X-Plane Forums as the Review Feedback Forum is only for discussions about reviews made by AVSIM Reviewers.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am an old fuddy duddy when it comes to GA aircraft.  My flight lessons were on steam gauge aircraft with one exception.  One aircraft had LCD displays but with a bubble canopy they were impossible to read in the bright sunlight and useless to me.  However my CFI drilled into me not to be too stuck on instrument drill regardless of steam gauges or LCD's--LOOK OUTSIDE he would command me, he wanted me to scan for traffic and always be ready for an engine out situation.  I got so good I could spot traffic even before he could, my eyes got used to anything in motion against the near or distant sky.  The coolest traffic I ever evaded was a blimp over the Renaissance Pleasure Faire east of Mesa AZ, just outside of Apache junction, AZ's seasonal amusement park, bigger than Disneyland.  It looked so tiny as I was cruising at 5000 feet,  2000 feet above the blimp in uncontrolled airspace far to the east of Sky Harbor's airspace.  I could see the blimp below me and the jets flying above me into and out of Sky Harbor.  It waa WOAI in real life, very fun to learn to work with the traffic using a Microlight equipped with a transponder.   Traffic is nothing to fear if you work with the other pilots in the air and ATC on the ground, you just use your eyes and ears but always must remember to fly first, scan next, and comms come last.

Cactus521

The plane use only the left tank, even when have the selector to use both

Thanks for your comments guys! 

John, it sounds like you had quite an adventure there! Sounds interesting!

rat7, I'll look into that! Carenado seems to be upsetting a lot of it customers I think...

Thanks Guys!