Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Do you use a Download Accelerator?

8 hours ago, spilok said:

I am humbled too.  950 gigs!  INCREDIBLE.

Stan

He said 950 Mb/s - not 950 gigs (or Gb/s). 😉 
(I doubt that much people have that... expect ISP's perhaps)

I use Internet Download Manager (IDM) and I love it. Worth the price and truly works as intended.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 hours ago, spilok said:

That was my problem too.  Intercepted pdfs!  Why that happens, I have no idea.  For a few months, it didn't do that....now all of a sudden, it's back to those unnecessary downloads.

Stan

I use IDM and pdf's I download using IE, anything I download from Chrome auto uses IDM.

So download PDF using IE or right click and choose IDM from the menu if you want to use it.

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

4 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

He said 950 Mb/s - not 950 gigs (or Gb/s). 😉 
(I doubt that much people have that... expect ISP's perhaps)

I don't know, we don't have fiber available in my neck of the woods, but according to this it's certainly possible at the consumer level, it just depends on your location and availability...

https://www.highspeedinternet.com/resources/how-fast-is-fiber/

Download speeds of up to 1000 mbps. apparently.

I use Internet Download Manager also, have for several years now with no problems.

Buffy - FYI:

It seems I downloaded a commercial-type app called "ADManager-Plus" by mistake - (which requires a Domain Name to run it).  But I finally got JDownloader and installed it... Thanks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

Buffy - FYI:

It seems I downloaded a commercial-type app called "ADManager-Plus" by mistake - (which requires a Domain Name to run it).  But I finally got JDownloader and installed it... Thanks.

Yay!  I'm glad you got the right one; I think you'll really like it. :)

On 1/11/2019 at 7:42 PM, spilok said:

That was my problem too.  Intercepted pdfs!  Why that happens, I have no idea.  For a few months, it didn't do that....now all of a sudden, it's back to those unnecessary downloads.

Stan

Jim and Stan...try this. Start IDM and go to Downloads/Options/File Types and delete the PDF entry from the list of files to be automatically downloaded.........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

W2DR,

Now that sounds like a great idea. It also sounds like it will work.   Did it!!!

Stan

17 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

I don't know, we don't have fiber available in my neck of the woods, but according to this it's certainly possible at the consumer level, it just depends on your location and availability...

https://www.highspeedinternet.com/resources/how-fast-is-fiber/

Download speeds of up to 1000 mbps. apparently.

I'm not really sure what you mean with this?! Yes, 1.000 Mbps is certainly possible with regular fiber connections - even with coax cables. We have several places here in Denmark, where it's possible to have 1 Gbps (or 1.000 Mbps) delivered through a fiber-connection or coax-cabling - provided the quality is adequate.

But the quote I was refering to, mentioned 1.000 (or 950) Gbps! or neary 1 Tbps.

Again, I doubt any consumer level instant have THAT connection - expect ISP's etc...

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

4 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

But the quote I was refering to, mentioned 1.000 (or 950) Gbps! or neary 1 Tbps.

Again, I doubt any consumer level instant have THAT connection - expect ISP's etc...

Right, my mistake...

• Upvote 1

W2DR,

Duh!  When in doubt, RTFM.

Thanks,

Jim Driskell

W7OWI

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)