Sign in to follow this  
Conair_Anthony

RXP/FSUIPC/P3Dv4/Emuteq (resolved)

Hi all,

I am having some troubles, and would appreciate any suggestions on where to look.  I have recently purchased fsuipc and rxp to go along with my p3d and emuteq installation.  i'm not 100% sure where the issue is.  I've gone through the documentation, and there's some contradictory information.  I have searched through here and deployed some of the "confirmed working" solutions.

So, my issues-

1) How do I get the RXP instrument panel to stay deployed to a tertiary screen on start up?

2) Is there a trick to passing commands through FSUIPC?  It does not appear to be interfacing between emuteq and RXP, beyond 2 knobs functioning to change views

See, simple really...

Would appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Anthony

Hi,

I'd suggest then you search our forums for 'emuteq', there are plenty discussions already!

As for the popup windows, these are Prepar3d windows setup in the panel.cfg (Instrument Views).

I'm not sure P3D has any function to save/restore window positions though.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@RXP  I've actually followed along with a few of those threads, I was hoping that there was some information that may have been newer.  I'm still trying to figure out what they did that I didn't (or vice versa).  I will read through them again.  I also have an email off to emuteq, in the hopes that they may have updated instructions, as their current don't fully apply to Win10.  Shame about the save/restore positions.  I found a freeware app that claims to do it, but requires undocked windows - does RealityXP offer a docked-state save?  I'll re-read the docs on panel.cfg as well.  Thank you.

@DavidP PM coming at you!  I've noticed in the other emuteq trends that you seem to be the problem solver, so I appreciate this.  Help me, Obi-Wan...

Edited by Conair_Anthony
"

@Conair_Anthony docked / undocked windows is a FltSim feature already (since FS9?) It is unfortunate they don't also include a save/restore, unless they do in the professional licenses?

Our X-Plane version however does this because the windowing system is under our control on this simulator.

@DavidP Do you think you could post a 'tutorial' which I'd feature/pin to the forum for other customers?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

20 minutes ago, RXP said:

Do you think you could post a 'tutorial' which I'd feature/pin to the forum for other customers?

Hi Jean-Luc,

Sure, no problems, I will just wait to ensure @Conair_Anthony has success first and that my instructions are clear - a kind of "beta tester" if you will! 😁

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 1

David Porrett

1 hour ago, Conair_Anthony said:

Help me, Obi-Wan...

😂😂. PM sent - may the force be with you 😁😂

David Porrett

As promised, feedback -

@DavidP 's installation guide is very good.  Much better than the official guides, and more cohesive than some of the posts I've looked through.  Going from start to finish with one set of instructions makes it a lot smoother. 

@Conair_Anthony sound great, thank you! does it mean all is in order for you now?

@RXP thank you for your follow up.  In terms of Reality XP and FSUIPC functionality yes, everything is in order.

I remain battling the remembered window placement, which is strange, as I know I've done just this behavior with the stock GPS on a prior install.  That's a different forum to post in :)

Thank you both for your time and assistance.

I think the tutorial gives a hint about this I didn't know about:

On 1/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, DavidP said:

You can then undock it and move over to your Emuteq screen. Resize it as required to fit. Save the scenario and the GNS should load up onto the Emuteq screen ready for use next time you load the scenario.

this is the behavior i'm expecting, and this is how all the other windows behave (they save position fine), it's just the one window that behaves like this.  I have spoken to a few people around here, and they all seem to recall the previous install under v3 behaving in the same manner (not saving).

I will chalk this up to Prepar3d having a mind of its own.