Sign in to follow this  
Fitch93

Installing FSX Registry entries into a new HD

Yeah, the title is weird.

Ok, so I have 2 HD's on my Desktop, C drive is and SSD and is really just a boot drive, it holds Win10 and a few other things, D drive is a normal 3TB HD and holds everything else, including FS. So right before Christmas my SSD took a massive dump and failed on me, I bought a new one and got Win10 reinstalled on it and such. However, ALL of my games and sims are on my D drive.

FSX is giving me issues.

Whenever I try to start up FSX I Get an Error Code: 8-c0000006 message. If I click Yes, it takes me to the Microsoft "why you should activate your product" page. If I click No, FSX starts up. HOWEVER, I am given the FSX Steam Edition startup graphic. When FSX starts up, I'm missing a few things, Multiplayer options mostly, and if I click on the Home button at the top of the menu, I get a page about why I'm seeing the screen that I'm seeing in FSX Steam Edition. HOWEVER, the top of FSX clearly states Flight Simulator X Acceleration Pack.

So, I understand why I'm getting this issue, as far as THIS install of Windows knows, this version of FSX is NOT listed in it's registry and thus, isn't activated. However, I can't seem to find a way to activate it. Further, when I try to just re-install over it(after backing up, obviously) the installer gives me a 1603 Error and stops. I have no way of uninstalling FSX, as it's not listed in the Registry and thus uninstaller nor Add/Remove Programs can see it. I'm kind of at a loss, because I can only fly for a short time before I get the message that my free time has expired and FSX shuts down.

I'm really at a loss here, is there anyway to add a Registry entry for this install? or is there a tool that will uninstall it, even though it's not in the Registry?

Edited by Fitch93

Jason Fitch

Flying Tigers Group
Historic Airline Group

My first question is.....are you using FSX-SE or boxed version of FSX?  I put the FSX-SE marker on your post and can change it, if necessary.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 1/11/2019 at 12:25 PM, Fitch93 said:

I have no way of uninstalling FSX, as it's not listed in the Registry and thus uninstaller nor Add/Remove Programs can see it. I'm kind of at a loss

Have you resolved this yet?

Ernest Pergrem

Yes. After backing up my Aircraft folders and what not, I just straight up deleted the FSX folder, did a reboot and tried to re-install FSX...and it worked.

Jason Fitch

Flying Tigers Group
Historic Airline Group