Sign in to follow this  
goggi

Five commands for PMDG 737NGX

With reference to my last message (Dec. 9, 2018), plus additional tests with MCE:

1- The command “what is the transition level” is not working (the request for transition altitude is OK).
The level value could be read in the FMC from the Descent page/Forecast page (where it is entered, correctly, as a level). The current reply is “we have not computed yet”. Probably an issue when reading the string ”FLxxx” from the FMC.

2-Verbal reminders (“Transition”or “Altimeters”) by the FO when airplane crosses the transition altitude (climbing) and transition level (descending) should be restored, as they were working in a previous version (most useful for those flying without ATC control).

3- Retractable landing lights (RTL): they are three-state switches, to be used independently of the global “Landing lights” control bar. The logic (new SOP) is as follows (documentation sent with a previous message):
      Cleared for Line-up (or Cleared for Approach): RTL Extend
      Cleared for T/O (or Cleared to land): RTL ON
    Missing specific commands:

- Fixed landing lights ON/OFF  (fixed lights only)
     - Retractable landing lights ON/OFF (retractable only)

4- Commands to set a Transponder code xxxx work when issued verbally, but do not work in (written) scripts
(note: figures written as per MCE convention).

Looking forward to the next update!
Thanks for your outstanding support and regards,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:54 PM, goggi said:

3- Retractable landing lights (RTL): they are three-state switches, to be used independently of the global “Landing lights” control bar. The logic (new SOP) is as follows (documentation sent with a previous message):

Cleared for Line-up (or Cleared for Approach): RTL Extend
      Cleared for T/O (or Cleared to land): RTL ON
    Missing specific commands:

- Fixed landing lights ON/OFF  (fixed lights only)
     - Retractable landing lights ON/OFF (retractable only)

4- Commands to set a Transponder code xxxx work when issued verbally, but do not work in (written) scripts
(note: figures written as per MCE convention).

Looking forward to the next update!
Thanks for your outstanding support and regards,
Giorgio

3. Commands alreay implemented.

extend landing lights

Retract landing lights

If you want to use "retractable landing lights on", alias the command to "extend landing lights".

4. Due to extreme grammar flexibility, It's not currently possible to script a command that includes dialing a number, like "set transponder one two zero zero".

Sorry, I probably was not clear, in spite of several messages.
I tried several times to explain that the the Retractable Landing Lights have three states: In-Out-On (i.e. Out is NOT On ). All three states are independently necessary.
As I wrote (non need to explain the reasons again):

3- Missing specific commands:
- Fixed landing lights ON/OFF  (only
the fixed ones!)
- Retractable landing lights ON/OFF  (not in/out, which are already OK)

4- OK for the Xponder code, thank you.

1, 2- What about the “Transition” (Altittude, Level) commands ?

If all (or part) of this is not possible, please state it and I shall stop messaging.
Let me clarify that I am not intending to bother you in any way. I am just trying, with your help, to make MCE as perfect as the PMDG NGX is.

Thank you,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

2 hours ago, goggi said:

Sorry, I probably was not clear, in spite of several messages.
I tried several times to explain that the the Retractable Landing Lights have three states: In-Out-On (i.e. Out is NOT On ). All three states are independently necessary.
As I wrote (non need to explain the reasons again):

3- Missing specific commands:
- Fixed landing lights ON/OFF  (only
the fixed ones!)
- Retractable landing lights ON/OFF  (not in/out, which are already OK)

4- OK for the Xponder code, thank you.

1, 2- What about the “Transition” (Altittude, Level) commands ?

If all (or part) of this is not possible, please state it and I shall stop messaging.
Let me clarify that I am not intending to bother you in any way. I am just trying, with your help, to make MCE as perfect as the PMDG NGX is.

Thank you,
Giorgio

1 and 2 will be looked at.

To clarify regarding landing lights implementation under MCE.

Commands "landing lights on/off" are shared by many aircraft.

When you say, "landing lights on", Fo will typically put all the landing lights switches to ON, eventually extending those that are extendable.

Similarly, "landing lights off", will get Fo to turn all 4 landing light related switches off, including retracting those that do.

There are separate commands "extend landing lights", "retract landing lights", that apply to some aircraft and are only enabled when aircraft has that abilityTry creating a command in Voxscript, "retractable landing light on" and alias it to existing "extend landing lights". It should fully extend the lights and turn them on.

Similarly, create custom command "retractable landing lights off" and alias the command to "retract landing lights".

I am guessing the issue might be with full retraction, when you only want the lights off.????.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I checked the PMDG NGX (FMC/Key Commands/Lights) but there is no shortcut available for the Retractable Lights to be used via VoxKey. So be it. Regretfully, let us drop this issue even though the actual controls are separate and relevant for the SOPs.

I look forward to the implementation of the Transition Level (at lest for the readout from the FMC) and the related FO announcements (in climb and descent.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

Hello,

just installed and tested v. 2.7.84.
"Transition" announcement by FO still not active.

Thanks,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

1 hour ago, goggi said:

Hello,

just installed and tested v. 2.7.84.
"Transition" announcement by FO still not active.

Thanks,
Giorgio

Sorry, not implemented yet. Latest release was mainly to address MCE voice control with P3D V4 native ATC.

Should be in next update.

OK, sorry for bothering.
Many thanks,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

22 hours ago, goggi said:

OK, sorry for bothering.
Many thanks,
Giorgio

It's OK.

You can actually download V2.7.8.6 uploaded today. Issue with transition alt and  trans level should be sorted.

Ignore webpage stating V2.7.8.4

Edited by FS++

Splendid! Working perfectly.
Thank you so much for your support.

Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi