Sign in to follow this  

PMDG MD11 P3D V4

2 minutes ago, Mace said:

No that's ok -- I will find it.  I've already set up the CLS DC-10 to use the ISG FMC so it's not a big deal to me.  

But that is great news!  And I assume the SkySim MD-11 is properly following the LNAV and VNAV (or "PROF" to be technical hehe) of the ISG FMC.   Great news to me, thanks.

I'm not sure about that Rhett, but if you can find the thread I referenced, there is a wealth of info regarding this and some other ISG add on's as replacements for the SkySim gauges...

Good luck, and let us know how it goes...😁

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I recently took a look at SkySimulations MD-11 doe P3Sv4, they have a good start on the project!

Sorry, Dave. But I have to disagree: apart from the look, the SkySimulations MD-11 has nothing of the real aircraft. Sounds are just terrible, FMC is not there at all, and systems are not correctly simulated (if at all). I tried the addon, was disappointed and deinstalled it. It is no serious simulation of the MD-11. I doubt that they will update it to a level that it would be bearable. For me it was indeed a bad start on the project.

PMDG created a milestone with their MD-11 and it was one of the aircrafts that was extremely close to the real one when it comes to the systems, sounds and feel. It is a shame that they are not adapting the 32bit DLLs for V4.

The lack of a proper study-level MD-11 in P3Dv4 is the reason why I will jump on Xplane. Rotate develops a proper MD-11 at the moment which hopefully will fit everybody needs.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Cargostorm
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

10 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

Sorry, Dave. But I have to disagree: apart from the look, the SkySimulations MD-11 has nothing of the real aircraft. Sounds are just terrible, FMC is not there at all, and systems are not correctly simulated (if at all). I tried the addon, was disappointed and deinstalled it. It is no serious simulation of the MD-11. I doubt that they will update it to a level that it would be bearable. For me it was indeed a bad start on the project.

PMDG created a milestone with their MD-11 and it was one of the aircrafts that was extremely close to the real one when it comes to the systems, sounds and feel. It is a shame that they are not adapting the 32bit DLLs for V4.

The lack of a proper study-level MD-11 in P3Dv4 is the reason why I will jump on Xplane. Rotate develops a proper MD-11 at the moment which hopefully will fit everybody needs.

Cheers,

Chris

I understand.  That's why I said they have a good start on the MD-11 (and they actually do).  Since I work on the development side of things, I can see where their MD-11 is and what needs to be done to improve it - and I hope they will and I think they will.  Moreover, they're the only ones to date who have begun work on an MD-11 for P3Dv4.  Put another way... I've seen the start of a LOT of initial products (that the public doesn't see), and they always start like this.  In fact, the only product I haven't seen that fit this mold was the Dash 8, back a full 6 years before public release, and look at her today!

I'd have referred to their existing RC as an Alpha, but when one doesn't have a large amount of funding this is just how such products start out.  Given I'm a huge MD and MD-11 fan, I am happy to support their efforts, but their MD-11 does have a ways to go before it's prime time.  I'm going to see what we can do to help them out.

My very best wishes to you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:52 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, I hope the finish fixing and updating the B717 before they think of yet another product.  Don't get me started on this!  🙂

amen to that … more to fix and they are now working on another project

I have it in P3D V4 right now. It spawns in and the model loads but no systems or controls work

12 hours ago, CAA said:

I have it in P3D V4 right now. It spawns in and the model loads but no systems or controls work

What do you expected?

• Upvote 1

The "cease and desist" order from PMDG Simulations is probably on its way :laugh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have FSX installed on a 128GB SSD with Orbx+Vector+openLC NA+ASN -- no third party airports etc - only airplane is PMDG 11.  Rarely get VAS issues.  This is the only way to get this bird up flying and it works.

It is a 32bit plane made for a 32bit sim.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I managed to get the gears working, the basic controls (elevator, ailerons, rudder etc) but the screens are blank and so is everyting else. Also some sound works

I just wish they could at least update it for Steam FSX

Matt Wilson