Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Newest (Baby?) Aircraft under Airbus Designation - the A220

The Regional Jets are always fascinating, fulfilling the critical needs in the Hub-and-Spoke Model of air-travel used by many airlines, and the CRJs from Bombardier have been rather successful. Bombardier, in the past, had considered but shelved an (entirely) new Expansion Model of the CRJ in favor of stretching the CRJ line (e.g. to the 1000 variant). However, after much deliberations, in 2009, Bombardier officially launched the CSeries Jets (with fuel-efficient Pratt & Whitney Engines, high-proportion composite materials, and Rockwell Collins Pro-Line Avionics etc.) - with seating (108-160), compared to (97-104) for the CRJ-1000. In 2017, Airbus and Bombardier announced a partnership in the CSeries (Embraer and Boeing must be surely watching this development with keen interest!). On 10 July 2018, just hours after the CSeries was rebranded (A220-100/300) by Airbus, JetBlue ordered 60 A220-300s to replace its 60 Embraer 190s from 2020 (JetBlue A220 is the livery I've chosen for this sample flight). The A220, although in early deployment, has been well-received by customers, and shows promise of increasing market-share in a highly competitive (niche) market.

Below are images from a short flight with the A220-300 variant from Aspen (CO) [KASE] to Denver (CO) [KDEN] over MSE Photoscenery. The model is FW (thanks to H. Zheng), and I've used/merged my Wilco CRJ-1000 [VC]/[FMS] to fly this model here. I've also included in the post (last 5 shots) liveries of this aircraft from a few other prominent operators. If you wish, for additional information including some (impressive) actual cockpit shots of this aircraft, please refer to the Aviation websites. For this flight, for fun in the SIM, I've set the visibility to "Zero" making it a blind-flight in the Rockies - reproducing a flight I'd posted earlier with the AS CRJ-700. Thanks for viewing these pictures of this new (but bold) entrant aircraft (a very nice one too). [FW(CSeries 300), MSE(CO), REX]

LJykkx.png

i3eaG0.png

w3zVxL.png

AIFu0T.png

T1E2GZ.png

65Kcf9.png

lvgvwP.png

IJ6n3q.png

5OvbCi.png

cwEKQk.png

csn2aO.png

fXNNBG.png