Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

Why isn't there a LOT more study level aircrafts?

Hi guys,

I know the flightsim community might not be that big for a study level aircraft to maybe be profitable but we only have PMDG(737,747,777), fslabs(a320) and majestic q400(unfinished?).

Isn't this absurd low amount of aircrafts besides GA? We completely miss the entire airbus range and russian/ukranian ones. For boeing I trust PMDG to update and continue developing new products.

Also, besides study level, the new updated products of Aerosoft is doable after them, it's all kinda terrible to be honest..

Edited by mustiej

You can add FS Labs Concorde to that list sometime in 2019.

An enormous amount of effort goes into making these study level aircraft as accurate as possible and not everyone has the knowledge, desire or time to do it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, mustiej said:

Hi guys,

I know the flightsim community might not be that big for a study level aircraft to maybe be profitable but we only have PMDG(737,747,777), fslabs(a320) and majestic q400(unfinished?).

Isn't this absurd low amount of aircrafts besides GA? We completely miss the entire airbus range and russian/ukranian ones. For boeing I trust PMDG to update and continue developing new products.

Also, besides study level, the new updated products of Aerosoft is doable after them, it's all kinda terrible to be honest..

There's always crochet, needlepoint, or some other stimulating hobby....😁

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You can add FS Labs Concorde to that list sometime in 2019.

An enormous amount of effort goes into making these study level aircraft as accurate as possible and not everyone has the knowledge, desire or time to do it.

I didn't know that, nice! I really want to see some russian/ukranian ones along with a380 or something..

29 minutes ago, mustiej said:

majestic q400(unfinished?)

Well, you'll have to explain to me how you think the Dash 8 Q400 is unfinished.

You also forgot the Leonardo MaddogX.

Best wishes.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I look forward to the day when P3D has all their default aircraft only at the "study level". This way we can move on to "reality level".:smile:

All aircraft are study level, provided they fly decently and have some avionics. The more complex aircraft might require more study regarding which buttons to push but even a humble GA tiddler provides everything needed for honing flying skills. Of course I do get that study level can mean more procedural and system challenges, but soon everything will be study level and they'll have to invent a new fangled phrase to stand out from the crowd.

First aircraft I learned on was a Rolleson Beta, a fabulous little tail dragger. The study level bit of it was learning how to survive each landing without a ground loop, because it had a tiny rudder and a very rearward centre of gravity!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Years of development go into production of this kind of release and have a consequential relationship with end user cost too , not all clients are happy to shell out that much money or spend time with the manual , the firewall the throttle group outnumbers the study lever cohort by a large margin .

Best CJ

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I mean, I think the aircrafts are the most important addons. Would much rather pay 100bucks for a couple of them instead of paying for weather, textures etc..

To me "Study Level" is any aircraft that has a full array of systems along with failures that are simulated.  It also has to have amazing visual textures, since if it doesn't then that takes away a lot from the realism experience.

Some of the ones that I consider "Study Level"  or maybe close, off the top of my head:

• PMDG

• iFly

• Flightsim Labs

• Majestic

• Leonardo

• TFDi

• Flight Factor (X-Plane)

• Toliss (X-Plane)

• Aerosoft/Digital Aviation

•Vertical Reality

• Vertx

• FlyJSim (X-Plane)

• Flight1

• AirFoilLabs (X-Plane)

• Eaglesoft Development Group (Soon to release the Challenger 605 and Citation X for P3Dv4 )

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

To me "Study Level" is any aircraft that has a full array of systems along with failures that are simulated.  It also has to have amazing visual textures, since if it doesn't then that takes away a lot from the realism experience.

Some of the ones that I consider "Study Level"  or maybe close, off the top of my head:

• PMDG

• iFly

• Flightsim Labs

• Majestic

• Leonardo

• TFDi

• Flight Factor (X-Plane)

• Toliss (X-Plane)

• Aerosoft/Digital Aviation

•Vertical Reality

• Vertx

• FlyJSim (X-Plane)

• Flight1

• AirFoilLabs (X-Plane)

• Eaglesoft Development Group (Soon to release the Challenger 605 and Citation X for P3Dv4 )

I agree with pmdg, majestic, leonardo and flightsim labs. But fslabs only has a320 for now, same goes for majestic for the q400,ifly is basically leonardo same ac and all the others are either xplane or not worthy or GA. I don't know, feels not much 😕

49 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

Eaglesoft Development Group (Soon to release the Challenger 605 and Citation X for P3Dv4 )

Doubtful... they haven't released anything in like 10 years and all they do is post screenshots on Facebook while "considering the possibility of thinking about maybe" making add-ons for P3D V4.

20 minutes ago, mustiej said:

I agree with pmdg, majestic, leonardo and flightsim labs. But fslabs only has a320 for now, same goes for majestic for the q400,ifly is basically leonardo same ac and all the others are either xplane or not worthy or GA. I don't know, feels not much 😕

Ifly is basically Leonardo??  Seems u just want to start an argument.

Matt Wilson