Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

Why isn't there a LOT more study level aircrafts?

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

To me "Study Level" is any aircraft that has a full array of systems along with failures that are simulated.  It also has to have amazing visual textures, since if it doesn't then that takes away a lot from the realism experience.

Some of the ones that I consider "Study Level"  or maybe close, off the top of my head:

• PMDG

• iFly

• Flightsim Labs

• Majestic

• Leonardo

• TFDi

• Flight Factor (X-Plane)

• Toliss (X-Plane)

• Aerosoft/Digital Aviation

•Vertical Reality

• Vertx

• FlyJSim (X-Plane)

• Flight1

• AirFoilLabs (X-Plane)

• Eaglesoft Development Group (Soon to release the Challenger 605 and Citation X for P3Dv4 )

Flysimware Lear 35 and Dassault F50 Falcon definitely belong on any such list.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wink207 said:

Flysimware Lear 35 and Dassault F50 Falcon definitely belong on any such list.

Their Cessna 441 Conquest II does too, then, I think.  :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Ifly is basically Leonardo??  Seems u just want to start an argument.

Hahahahahahaha.  I questioned that too, but since i don't have any of the iFly products I didn't say anything.  I hear their products are pretty good, but up to Leonardo's?  I don't know about that.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have several (many) of the 'Study Level' aircraft and even being retired, I don't have the time that each one deserves.    How many is enough?  🙂 

I think that we, flight simmers, are lucky that there are so many dedicated developers out there producing these fine add-ons.  But that's just me.  😎

Bill

• Like 8

Bill  N7IBG     

I don't own it, but... Quality Wings 787?

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

...and while we are at it, the new JustFlight tiddlers C152 and PA28....

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

You want study level? Get the 744. It should keep you busy for a while, provided you have the staying power.

• Upvote 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

"Study Level" P3D only

The top tier

FSL A320

FSL A319 <these are not just model differences its a different aircraft.

Hopefully soon A321

PMDG NG-777-747- -8

Leonardo MadDog

Majestic

2nd tier

iFly

TDFI

3rd Tier

Quality Wings 787

Captain Sim 757

Aerosoft 318-321

Not going to include small jets or GA's as their development time is a fraction of producing all of the above.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You left out the black box range and the aerosoft crj. 😉 

That blackbox had been in beta nearly 10 years now.  Come on chock,  tell me its fab

14ppkc-6.png

If you really want the ultimate in systems and aerodynamics on the PC, get the 744 PSX and use it with an external scenery generator of choice.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Not going to include small jets or GA's as their development time is a fraction of producing all of the above.

I'm not sure why development time counts. Surely it's the end product that determines whether an aircraft deserves the "study level" tag. I would include even the A2A Cub because although it's a very simple aircraft, it's modeled in terrific detail. Just because an aircraft doesn't have arrays of buttons that do lots of stuff doesn't mean there can't be a study level treatment of that aircraft.

• Like 4

I did not say it did count, did I? Just there a lot less complex. So I would not class them as the pinnacle of a complex aircraft to make.

Did I say they were not Study level? I just keep small jets and GA out of my list. ofc many GA and small jets are study level but its another class of aircraft. That personly I don't care for, so am not writing a list that's not my type. Better for GA flyers to do so.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@Nyxx, you didn't include the PMDG 737NGX. Overlooked or deliberate?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Nyxx, you didn't include the PMDG 737NGX. Overlooked or deliberate?

Hi Ray, 

Yes I did it was the first one, I just droped the "X" as that's fsx terminology. hehe you must of mist it 🙂 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

This debate, hard core versus light weight jets, has been going on for 2 decades in the combat sim communities and never ends well.  The benchmark hardcore tactical combat sim is Falcon BMS.

Edited by Boomer
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png