Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

Why isn't there a LOT more study level aircrafts?

Forums are populated by the same wide variety as the rest of the world.

It is never wise to criticise another's method of expression because the reason

for it can range from a simple typing error or an unfamiliarity with the language

in question to many far more serious problems.

The meaning is clear, much like we all understand the concept of "study level",

even though there is no dictionary definition and that it has apparently been contrived

by this community to describe the more complex aircraft models.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:51 PM, mustiej said:

I know the flightsim community might not be that big for a study level aircraft to maybe be profitable

You answered the question right there. I personally consider it a minor miracle that enough people pony up for PMDG products to keep them in business. Flood the market with more companies doing study-levels and.. There probably just isn't enough coincidences of desire and disposable income for people to buy them enough to make it worthwhile.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

would be one of the simmers complaining about not enough "lite" aircraft

I assume you have heard of Carenado?  Never ending supply of "lite" aircraft.  Though, I guess if you want at least the basics to work(autopilot, etc), then maybe you can't even count them as "lite"?  Just flying pretty textures.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I agree that we are missing something like an md-11 or tu204. But don't forget that there are terrific add-ons that are well worth mentioning (maddogx) and that it takes time,money and effort to do "study level" stuff