Sign in to follow this  
pluff

reality xp 430V2 flight plan display carenado A36

I have successfully installed the Reality XP GNS 430 in the upper, No 1 virtual cockpit GPS display in the Carenado A36 Bonanza. This airplane uses an Aspen EFD 1000 display for the traditional six pack display.

The default Carenado GPS 430 flight plan paths/waypoints are superimposed on the Aspen HSI, as is the case for a real world setup. I have got the Autopilot to track the Reality 430 flight paths (roll steering) and fly fully coupled ILS and LPV approaches. 

I cannot however get the Reality XP 430 to show the flight plan path/waypoints on the Aspen HSI display.

Any help gratefully received, Regards, Peter Luff.

2 hours ago, pluff said:

I cannot however get the Reality XP 430 to show the flight plan path/waypoints on the Aspen HSI display.

OK. First, this should be moved to the adjacent RXP Flight Sim > RXP GNS support area as it is GNS specific.

Have you found out how to get into the RXP GNSv2 settings menu?  Shift + right-click on the top edge of the GNS bezel in the virtual cockpit. 

When the settings menu is up, try these selections:
■ Master Device
■ Connect GPS to AP
■ Connect GPS to HSI
■ Connect CDI mode to NAV/GPS

With RXP GNSv2 you have the ability to use a pair of GNS gauges in an aircraft that can accept them.  The Carenado A36 is one of those.  If you have both in the panel then make sure you have this setting enabled for each gauge in the same Settings menu:

■ Use Crossfill
   (note that only of of the two should be selected as the ■ Master Device. The other should not have that setting selected.)

Then scroll down in the menu until you find Advanced Settings.  You may have to drag the Settings menu scroll bar to get there, and you may have to open the cascade of settings. 
Enable   ■ Link Simulator GPS Waypoints

If you use simulator ATC, then also enable
■ Autosave Active Route (.PLN). 

That sets the RXP GNS to save out a simulator format flight plan to the simulator default location when you Activate a flight plan in the RXP GNS.  You can then use the simulator's  Flights | Flight Planner menu to locate and Load that flight plan into the simulator itself for ATC.  When in the Flight Planner menu of the simulator, also choose edit and adjust the altitude to your liking. Save the plan.  The simulator will ask you if you want it to place you at the departure airport.  If you are already there, and where you want to be at that airport, respond "No".  The simulator will revert back to where are at the airport.  From there you can contact ATC and execute your flight plan.

One additional comment here. When you have learned to use the RXP GNS Settings, note that the settings you choose are not global, but instead for only that specific aircraft model.  So you may have to repeat your choice of settings for other aircraft.  Not all aircraft developers think the same, so the settings in that menu may and likely will vary some from aircraft model to aircraft model.  It may take some trial and error with each model to get it right.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

FPPilot, very many thanks for your swift and comprehensive reply. I followed your instructions to the letter and presto - the flight plan /waypoints are now displayed 

on the Aspen HSI. ( We own/fly a real Beech Sierra out of CYOW and just recently updated our avionics with the Aspen Pro EFD1000. The Carenado A36 panel is almost identical to our Sierra and with the addition

of the Reality XP430 we can now simulate and practice our IFR procedures. The Carenado Aspen EFD1000 is very close to the real thing now that we can display the flight plans on the sim HSI.

Now, if we could only get a more recent database...….)

Many thanks once again, Peter Luff

8 hours ago, pluff said:

Now, if we could only get a more recent database...….) 

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Jean-Luc,
I wish to keep this discussion open, hoping for success in finding and positioning a database for the GNS gauges more recent than 01/2016.

I have had no success getting the database from the latest Garmin GTN Trainer to work with the GNS.  The GTN database I find is "nav_db2,bin" located on my system at  "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases". I believe that to be the default location.

I find my GNSv2 database of "worldwide.bin" to be located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\db\".  I believe tthat to be a default location as well.

Backing up that current "worldwide.bin" file, then bringing over the "nav_db2,bin" and renaming it to "worldwide.bin" does not find any success.  The GNS gauge in the simulator does not find a valid database.

In a separate or separate topics here, Jean-Luc, I believe you observed that the database from the Garmin TXI is compatible with the Garmin GNS.  The latest Garmin GTN Trainer is actually a multi-model trainer, is it not? and includes the TXI in the suite.  I downloaded a separate copy of the multi-trainer to my separate (non-FSX) laptop and the databases I find look like those on my sim desktop consistent instead with the latest GTN Trainer.

So here is a very concise and very specific question: has anyone yet found through installation of available Garmin GPS trainers a more recent NAV database that works with the RXP GNSv2?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere