Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Fun with FSL Spotlights

Having fun creating my own lighting for my GA fleet....The CJ got a new cockpit lighting makeover....

I turned the lighting up for the pic...I fly with it much darker...really adds to the immersion at night.

MpRqRr.jpg

And while I was at it...I really disliked that Carenado didn't offer a vanity light (I call it...some call it a logo light, hehe).  So....I added one (took 4 bulbs but I think the effect is awesome when you switch to external view at night).  2 bulbs to simulate the light source in the horz. stab.  Just need to paint in the lights on the texture map and it'll look even more realistic.

M5B2c5.jpg

Probably do the cabin lighting next. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Looks good. Always fun to play around with the stock offering and make it better.

John

Hi Steve,

Making lighting is good fun. I enjoy it. Have fun mate. You just painting with light now 🙂 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

very very nice, If Carenado fails on one thing, it's definitely their lighting.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

3 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

If Carenado fails on one thing

I think it's pretty safe to say that they fail on way more than just one thing.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

15 minutes ago, klamal said:

so true Kevin, they have great eye candies for sure. I stopped buying their products as I always felt like buying an unfinished product.

2 minutes ago, klamal said:

They fail at where others are great at.

What get me though is that I have about 10 planes from Carenado and in every plane they fail at one (or more) particular thing but refuse to update or fix it.

Take the Stationair CT206H for example, nice trainer to fly, lighting isn't bad but ADF is there but doesn't work, RXP yes but only for FSX, no GTN.

But then again where else are you going to buy a C208B 🙂

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

22 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

What get me though is that I have about 10 planes from Carenado and in every plane they fail at one (or more) particular thing but refuse to update or fix it.

I think you just answered your own point here. If you and others find a failure and report it, nothing gets fixed yet you STILL buy another 9 aircraft from them then what incentive is their for them to fix anything? 

I'm not criticising here just pointing out the obvious! 

🤑

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

4 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I think you just answered your own point here. If you and others find a failure and report it, nothing gets fixed yet you STILL buy another 9 aircraft from them then what incentive is their for them to fix anything? 

I'm not criticising here just pointing out the obvious! 

🤑

Yeah, but like he says, what other options are there?  This is the only reason why Carenado is still in existence.  No competition.  When your choice is garbage or nothing, what are you going to choose?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Just now, klamal said:

Yeah, but like he says, what other options are there?  This is the only reason why Carenado is still in existence.  No competition.  When your choice is garbage or nothing, what are you going to choose?

Well there's plenty of choice for great planes out there unless you want 50 planes for 30 bucks each in your hanger from every type of plane that ever flew. A2A have you covered for GA and warbirds, PMDG for jets, Majestic for turboprop, not to mention FSL labs, Milviz, FlySimWare and quite a few others who work at getting a product just right instead of churning out pretty planes from the assembly line. 

I agree when I'm in my A2A Comanche I wish it was a Beech Baron instead but they don't make one. So I'm stuck using the real top notch aircraft they do make as I decided long ago never to give money to devs who place eye candy over systems. But like I said this is not a criticism it's just I'm a nerd and if the AP button is a rocker switch when it should be a press button that kind of thing bugs me! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK