Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

Taxi2Gate KMCO Taxiway Bridges are gone

Hello,

I use the fantastic Taxi2Gate in Prepar3dv4.4, is working really nice. I fixed all problems, like the double Tower, but only one problem will not disappear.

The Taxibridges are gone, it's a big hole there. When I load the scenery again (other parkingspot, or change something in the Options setting - like scenery complexity) the Taxibridges appear, until I start Prepar3d again.

They are working as designed (with AI taxi over the bridges, ...), but I have always load the scenery two times.

And yes, KMCO is ober KMCO_Terrain in the library, an all updates are applied.

Any idea?

Thansk Urmel

Try setting Mesh Resolution to 2m or less. 

Murray Dreyer

Just now, Urmel81 said:

already done, they appearing, but only on the second time

So fixed?

Murray Dreyer

Just now, Urmel81 said:

No, of course not.

I'm sorry I miss understood. Good luck with it then.

Murray Dreyer

some Pictures

PTrKjWO.jpg

after changing someting (for example scenery complexity in the settings, mesh resolution, ... the scenery will load again ... and everything is ok, until I start P3D again)

hlBuEjY.jpg

With all the threads and posts on AVSIM about T2G's KMCO compatibility with v4, one would think that by now all of us would be on top of the T2G dev team imploring them to update the airport. They are obviously still in business and willing to take customers money.

Aside from the disappearing bridges, some trees become transparent after dusk, and there are some lighting issues. The reason for the disappearing bridges is that as soon as you change the airport aftcad, you throw the scenery out of wack. By changing the mesh setting you get the bridges back. But, it's hit and miss. The only way to fix this OBJ issue is with the dev files.

If you go back to ONLY the original afcad, you will have your bridges back, but you will have default taxi signs and wind socks. Either way, we are at the mercy of the developer or some talented member who can come up with a fix and is willing and able to share it.

It's going to be interesting to see if ORBX Orlando City fixes the disappearing bridges since we will need to disable the terrain folder in order to achieve compatibility. Unfortunately, ORBX is not going to do a full version of KMCO, but a watered down version. We will still need T2G's version. There will be either have working bridges with ORBX ORLANDO CITY, or no bridges at all. Can't wait to test!

We now need to send the dev an e-mail asking them for an update to P3D v4.4 and our willingness to pay for the update. I'm not saying that this will get the dev to update the airport, but it's worth a try.

I've already sent my email. Have you?

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

That's no help to this problem. I read about trees and towers, nothing about bridges. (like my problem, they are working, after loading a second time)

No, I won't sent a mail. It depends to the developer what he want's to do. I can use this version, or later the ORBX lite version. So, I stay with this Taxi2Gate Version, it's great, I love the textures. Maybe there is a solution for this problem, maybe not.

KMCO works for me without any problems in P3Dv4.4, at least it did three days ago. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

With all the threads and posts on AVSIM about T2G's KMCO compatibility with v4, one would think that by now all of us would be on top of the T2G dev team imploring them to update the airport. They are obviously still in business and willing to take customers money.

+1

I just used it very recently in 4.4 and I saw no issues with it other than the double tower.  All of my taxiway bridges were there. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

8 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I just used it very recently in 4.4 and I saw no issues with it other than the double tower.  All of my taxiway bridges were there. 

The double Tower can be removed. Rename APT_KMCO.bgl to off (in the ORBX Vector folder).

Thanks for your info. Hm, I have to find the problem.

I was operating out of the real KMCO yesterday and heard on the radio that the J bridges had been closed because they’d found cracks in them , they’re going to be out of service for quite a while apparently.

So it seems the real MCO is following the T2G version with bridge issues.

• Upvote 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.