Sign in to follow this  
Langyboy63

Air Hauler 2 released out of Beta £29.99 ,$37.95

Does this app run side by side with P3D and if so, what's the performance hit?

Thanks,

Mark

It runs alongside the sim to monitor your flight (if you are flying).

If you are not flying yourself then the program runs on its own.

There is zero performance hit whilst it monitors the flight. At least that's my experiecne.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:39 AM, Benjamin J said:

Are these routes something that you will be able to see in-game as AI as well,

Yes, most of the time. I've landed at airports where other planes in my fleet were parked, and saw them as I was taxiing past. I've also seen them landing on the rare occasions I happen to be at an airport when an AI pilot is arriving. And I've heard them being directed by ATC (I use the default ATC).

There are times when you won't see a plane that you should see, because all AH can do is tell P3d that it would like P3d to put X-plane at Y-location, and P3d can decide not to, but in my experience at least 9 times out of 10 I see my own planes where they're supposed to be. 

Is it possible to exclude airports?
Basically I want to use only payware airports and not the default ones.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I've bought this ages ago, but barely used it. The fact that I need to do a stupid check-ride for every single aircraft that I buy/lease annoys me to no end! Even if I create a new company and have already completed this step in a previous one, I still have to do it again. I have limited time for simming and this is just a completely waste of time...

The fact that it does not support XP11 also does not help.

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Is it possible to exclude airports?
Basically I want to use only payware airports and not the default ones.

Air Hauler generates charter, mission and cargo jobs to and from all the airports in your sim, however, you can force it to generate more base-to-base jobs in the options and then only fly base-to-base jobs, so it is possible to create bases at your payware airports and then you will effectively force the program to generate more jobs to and from your bases. For passenger flights, these have to be set up from where you have a base, so no problem there.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 hours ago, GCBraun said:

I've bought this ages ago, but barely used it. The fact that I need to do a stupid check-ride for every single aircraft that I buy/lease annoys me to no end! Even if I create a new company and have already completed this step in a previous one,

I agree. I bought AH2 recently but have "set it away" for the time being largely because of this requirement and other seeming arbitrary restrictions. How many times do I need to "take off, level at some altitude, turn two times and then land back at the airport."

• Upvote 2

Dan Scott

One thing that kept me from using it was the inability to use the flight/job scheduler etc. while inflight. The GUI is locked to the current flight.

Thanks Chock and Stewy for weighing in, it sounds like a fascinating piece of software! I'm especially intrigued by the ability to see your own aircraft as AI. That really adds a new dimension to the operation, making it all less 'virtual'. What I wonder: once you buy an aircraft, can you select a repaint for it through the AH2 UI? Or are you bound to exactly the thing that you bought? For example, if I buy an 'old' FedEx C208, can I then elect to 'respray' it into colors of my own virtual fleet, or will it fly in FedEx livery forever?

I'll admit I'm not too big on the operations side of things, so I foresee keeping a small fleet, but I love the idea of being sent on small jobs around OrbX PNW, especially around the Seattle/San Juan islands area. It'd add some meaning to flying around there, which, despite my best intentions, is a little lacking currently. It'd be fun to see some 'results' from those little trips.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

53 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I'm especially intrigued by the ability to see your own aircraft as AI. That really adds a new dimension to the operation, making it all less 'virtual'. What I wonder: once you buy an aircraft, can you select a repaint for it through the AH2 UI? Or are you bound to exactly the thing that you bought? For example, if I buy an 'old' FedEx C208, can I then elect to 'respray' it into colors of my own virtual fleet, or will it fly in FedEx livery forever?

I'll admit I'm not too big on the operations side of things, so I foresee keeping a small fleet, but I love the idea of being sent on small jobs around OrbX PNW, especially around the Seattle/San Juan islands area. It'd add some meaning to flying around there, which, despite my best intentions, is a little lacking currently. It'd be fun to see some 'results' from those little trips.

When I land at KPWT which is my base I can see my other 3 aircraft there, the C172 the A35 and my other PA31 that the VP's fly the PAX for but honestly I see them very rarely since I'm always out.

Here I have selected my PA31 located at 2S6, which is quite an adventure coming in heavy over a hill with just 2745 feet of strip with no VASI lights 🙂

In your aircraft management you can import for example all the PA31 aircraft including blank and those with liveries, in this case I only imported two, the blank and one with C-FPTR Winglets. But for the C208 I did import them all with liveries including the DHL and FedEx

You can purchase New with all the liveries you have but since I was on a budget I purchased my second PA31 with no liveries, but after making some dough you can then click on Pain Shop and choose a different livery for this aircraft, so If I want the C-FPTR Winglets it would cost me $2,821. Another thing to keep in mind, the Aircraft whether being flown by VP's or yourself can be damaged and can cost you quite a bit so if you bang your landings it will have a cost.

wA37Olp.jpg

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 1/14/2019 at 8:41 PM, Chock said:

Air Hauler 2 can simulate very many things and it's very much up to you how you use it. At its most basic level, you can simply use it to generate jobs for you to fly to new places with a purpose, but if you choose to, it can be an entire passenger and/or cargo airline simulation, with everything that entails, or, you can go for something in between those two extremes.

So if you like, you can just use it purely as a management sim and literally never fly a flight yourself nor even crank up your flight sim, instead having the AI do it all for you, in which case your management role would be to hire and fire people, train them and assign them to various aircraft as crew etc, develop operations, manage bases, handle routes, supply chains etc and it would never actually need to connect up to your flight sim if you used it that way.

One of the few things that were not mentioned in this thread which I'm now starting to get into was 1) the commodities market, 2) the Missions and how to actually do them and 3) the Construction.

- The commodities market simply means that you can buy commodity from Airport A and sell them to Airport B for a profit.

- The interesting thing with the missions is that you can build Factories to then produce Tier 2 items that are requested in some missions which is a bit more lucrative.

- The Construction which I have finally just did my first one is to build/construct the entire airplane at your base instead of buying it new or second hand at the marketplace.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Sounds really interesting stuff.

Will have to break into my coffers to buy me thinks.

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.