Sign in to follow this  
michael fiddes

Intentionally Untextured Shadow Model in QOTSvII

After doing a re-install per instructions on steam, I now have a PMDG 747 at the gate ,but with only textures 'grey' with the words

'Intentionally Untextured Shadow Model' on the fuselage. I am also getting limited textures with other PMDG, and default aircraft,

'only cockpit and wings in external view', The VC, and default cockpits are all working ok from internal views in all aircraft,

and EZDOC seems to working fine? Is there something I have forgotten to update?, or is it something else?

Any assistance would be appreciated...MickF

I don't think you have forgotten anything but I suspect that you try to get outside of the airplane wihtout changing the view but using the camera addon to "walk" outside, correct?

These textures have been added in that way you see it to provide a shadow on the ground that is more than just the cockpit flying around. However creating a complete model for the flight deck use just to see a shadow would blow up your performance. So they decided to give us the shadows by using a very easy grey model that you normally wouldn't see from the flight deck at all.