Sign in to follow this  
a4082

co pilot never boards

when I load MCE, I keep getting message "waiting for copilot to board"  he never does, I am running both MCE and flight simulator X as admin, also does recognition always run in dialog mode, just wonders

2 hours ago, a4082 said:

when I load MCE, I keep getting message "waiting for copilot to board"  he never does, I am running both MCE and flight simulator X as admin, also does recognition always run in dialog mode, just wonders

Re-install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\… path.

If using a launcher app to start the sim, make sure it also runs as admin.

Reset MCE to factory settings

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Restore factory settings.

No need to redo speech training if already performed.

Start the sim, load aircraft and wait until it's ready to fly.

Start MCE

It should end-up in "Flight mode" where commands for FO interaction are enabled.

Should only be in "DIALOG MODE" when one of FSX or PREPAR3D dialog boxes is active.

co pilot boards and does all the items I request, but he never responds, he just does the action requested

I forgot, mce never goes into flight mode, I load the aircraft, start mce, then place the aircraft at desired location

4 hours ago, a4082 said:

I forgot, mce never goes into flight mode, I load the aircraft, start mce, then place the aircraft at desired location

Youi can force flight mode as follows...

Right-click anywhere on MCE user interface and select "Force flight mode" from drop-down menu.

As for audio going faint, please read this thread.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/537699-crew-voice-volume/?tab=comments#comment-3860441

Are you running FsInn by any chance?

20 hours ago, a4082 said:

No I don't see it anywhere

FsInn is a dll that loads as part of Vatsim or other online ATC.

Do you have such software that may have a permanently displayed dialog box that might be fooling MCE that one of FSX dialog boxes is pausing the sim when it isn't?