Sign in to follow this  
Andrea Casolari

Recall modify

Hi, 

As in the real aircraft if you recall in every circumstance, the master caution light up and the ngx doesn't behave like that I wanted to ask if it might be possible to modify by myself the "code" that is behind that and fix the issue. PMDG know this error from years but they didn't fixed it up to now. So in the end I only want to know where is located the code that is responsable of the aircraft systems working. 

Thank you

Andrea Casolari

Edited by Andrea Casolari

Read the EULA.  You may not reverse engineer or modify the product that you are using under a license.

However, if you have documentation that supports your  observation and conclusion then you should be all means put this on a support ticket.  Do not expect any modifications to the NGX but they are working on a replacement product so your report will be evaluated and if validated then documented in the bug tracking system.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, Andrea Casolari said:

As in the real aircraft if you recall in every circumstance, the master caution light up and the ngx doesn't behave like that I wanted to ask if it might be possible to modify by myself the "code" that is behind that and fix the issue. PMDG know this error from years but they didn't fixed it up to now. So in the end I only want to know where is located the code that is responsable of the aircraft systems working. 

Interesting assertion that we know of this nebulous "issue" and refuse to fix it.

What issue are you referring to? If I knew which one, I'd be happy to help you fix the issue...

Kyle Rodgers

If you perform a recall on the real 737 the master caution light up and then it extinguishes if all is correct, otherwise if it remains lighted something wrong is been detected. Said that on the ngx it only light up if a fail has been detected, not performing a recall with all ok, but it actually does on the real. You can verify this on the FCOM, or simply viewing a video of a full approach in a 737 and spot the recall action. I said that you refuse to fix this as I saw old post (2012 )

where another user spotted this issue.  One of your team answered saying that you would look for SP2 but up to now no changes. Safe flight

1 hour ago, Andrea Casolari said:

If you perform a recall on the real 737 the master caution light up and then it extinguishes if all is correct, otherwise if it remains lighted something wrong is been detected. Said that on the ngx it only light up if a fail has been detected, not performing a recall with all ok, but it actually does on the real. You can verify this on the FCOM, or simply viewing a video of a full approach in a 737 and spot the recall action. I said that you refuse to fix this as I saw old post (2015) where another user spotted this issue and up to now it isn't fixed. Safe flight

Are you sure that this behaviour of the master caution light has been so for early 737NG too? As far as I know PMDG replicated a very early version of the airplane. Many systems that have been retrofitted in reality obviously are not available in the PMDG 737. Also are you sure that this isn't a customer option? I'd really be careful with what I call a bug or error and asserting missing care. PMDG are very eager to have as few bugs in their airplanes as possible and I don't think that if it was really forgotten they wouldn't have fixed it. 

However, as Dan wrote above, the NGX will probably not get updated anymore as the NG3 is deep into development and will maybe be released in 2019 or early 2020. 

Actually comparing this two video you will understand certainly.

NGX:   https://youtu.be/Ke3Kx9c_rqk?t=152

REAL: https://youtu.be/8pQcLDQ-xtA?t=303

NOTE: I found the precise time in the videos, so focus on the recall and master caution warning to spot it immediatly. Also consider that this is not the only video where I saw that, but several others also the old 737 classic behave in this way, take a few time to investigate this...

Also referring to FCOMv2, warning systems, controls and indicators, fire warning and master caution system;  there is written: 

"MASTER CAUTION lights illuminated (amber) if a sistem annunciator light has illuminated", and as during the recall all the system annunciator panel is illuminated, then it's obvius that it will light up only while it is pushed, but it will.

I hope to ear from you soon

1 hour ago, Andrea Casolari said:

Also referring to FCOMv2, warning systems, controls and indicators, fire warning and master caution system;  there is written: 

"MASTER CAUTION lights illuminated (amber) if a sistem annunciator light has illuminated", and as during the recall all the system annunciator panel is illuminated, then it's obvius that it will light up only while it is pushed, but it will.

then you really should send them a support ticket to make them aware of it (again). This is mainly a user-to-user forum and reports like this get lost very easily. Just because there has been a thread about that doesn't mean they intentionally ignored it. Just let them know and see what they reply.

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Are you sure that this behaviour of the master caution light has been so for early 737NG too?

He is correct.  The Master Caution light logic in the NGX has never been correct.

4 minutes ago, Andrea Casolari said:

I have just done it  now, I hope to hear from you soon 

This will be checked for the NGXv3 development now

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

12 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

maybe be released in 2019 or early 2020

source plz o.o

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

I'll had my cent too. He is correct in that it illuminates. I've flown TC-SNY and G-GDFD, the first and second 800s to ever fly and they (still) do it too.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!