Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Falcon 50 GPWS problem

I now seem to have developed a problem with the GPWS system on the Falcon 50 in FSX. As soon as I load the Falcon I notice that all the buttons on the GPWS panel below the glareshield  are illuminated with the test button flashing and a continuous aural warning of "sink rate, sink rate, terrain, terrain, glideslope, localiser" being heard. This test warning will repeat over and over throughout a flight and is a little irritating to say the least! Clicking the flashing Test button switches it off for a second but then all the buttons illuminate again and the aural warnings continue, as if the Test button is stuck in the 'on' position. Initially this problem was intermittent but now seems to occur every time I load the Falcon. Even if I start the Falcon from the 'cold and dark' state the warnings immediately start again as soon as I turn on a battery!

I uninstalled the Falcon and reinstalled a fresh download today in case the previous download had become corrupted but the problem persists. I have been flying the FSW Falcon in all of its previous versions but this problem just seems to have started with v1.5 and reverting to v1.4 resolves the issue. Perhaps I have been doing something wrong but some advice would be appreciated so that I can go back to using this excellent aircraft in its v1.5 version.

Many thanks,

Bill

Edited by scianoir

2 hours ago, scianoir said:

I now seem to have developed a problem with the GPWS system on the Falcon 50 in FSX.

Hi Bill,

Strange problem -- I have not seen it with my FSX setup. One thing to check, after uninstalling v1.5b, go to ...SimObjects\Airplanes and make sure the complete FLYSIM Falcon 50 folder is gone. If not, delete what remains and then try another v1.5b install (make sure FSX is not running).

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Al,

Thanks for the quick response!

I generally tend to check the SimObjects\ Airplanes folder to make sure that the complete folder of any aircraft I am uninstalling is gone, as it is quite common for parts to be left behind, and I'm pretty sure I did so on this occasion. However just in case I didn't, I will try another fresh v1.5b install tonight and see how it behaves.

Bill

10 hours ago, scianoir said:

Hi Al,

Thanks for the quick response!

I generally tend to check the SimObjects\ Airplanes folder to make sure that the complete folder of any aircraft I am uninstalling is gone, as it is quite common for parts to be left behind, and I'm pretty sure I did so on this occasion. However just in case I didn't, I will try another fresh v1.5b install tonight and see how it behaves.

Bill

Bill,

FSW posted a new trial interior model file in the Flashing thread -- give that a try.

Al

5 hours ago, ark said:

Bill,

FSW posted a new trial interior model file in the Flashing thread -- give that a try.

Al

Thanks Al,

I've also had the flashing issue and have tried the 2 new interior model files posted on that thread but on testing the latest file the GPWS problem unfortunately reoccurred on 2 of the 4 test flights which I carried out (and, although it is probably unconnected, flashing happened on 1 of the 4 flights). It all seems a little random as the test flights were all following a similar pattern from the same airport - strange!

Bill