Sign in to follow this  
kfd

X-Plane 11.30 latest release (12 Jan)

33 minutes ago, Griphos said:

I'm not seeing how curves are set per aircraft either.  It seems they are set per hardware device in general.  I must be missing something.

Go to the joystick settings menu. Make any changes you want, and in the drop-down at the lower left corner, Save as New Profile. Or you can just make changes to any existing profile from that list and it will auto-save.

To assign a custom profile to an aircraft, click the Manage Profiles button at the lower left, and you'll see a list of Associated Aircraft at the right (basically, every aircraft you'd see in the Flight menu). Each aircraft has a drop-down arrow at the right of the name, where you can assign a profile.

This has been active for a while in v11 to save button and switch assignments for each aircraft, but the new cool feature is that profiles now save custom axis curves also.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Guys,

Can anyone tell me how I can set up a default Joystick and have XP remember it?

Every start Up I have to reselect it.

Cheers.

The visual artifact shown in the screen happens when you mess with AA settings via datarefs in 11.30. 

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Col X - thanks for the tip - but in this case I have not messed with AA settings via data refs in 11.30.  I have only ever used the menu within X-Plane for any AA changes.

Thanks, Parrafin. Actually, I’ve been doing that for a while. I had thought there was some setting in the curves dialogue itself. But, of course, that isn’t needed. Duh!  Senior moment on my part!

Anyone know anything about the toe brakes/yaw settings?  

13 hours ago, Griphos said:

Did you reset the .acf, or are you still running the edits to gear, etc.?

I thought I also heard something about being able to stop the yaw axis from initiating braking force when there are no toe brakes as well, but can't seem to find that in the settings.  

I'm not seeing how curves are set per aircraft either.  It seems they are set per hardware device in general.  I must be missing something.

Actually all I've done is the yaw curve - no resets to .acf.  The SMS DHC2 was my immediate challenge and it cured that so figure any others will be close to good.  Take a look at Steve Dutton's review - very complete and I believe toe brakes are mentioned. 

Where would I find his review?  

You had put in some of the edits in Planemaker for the Beaver before this update, right?  

16 hours ago, Griphos said:

Where would I find his review?  

You had put in some of the edits in Planemaker for the Beaver before this update, right?  

Yes, tried several of them.  Far as I know, they're still there.  The little LR favorites - flap speed etc are still there.  The URL for the review is https://xplanereviews.com/.