Sign in to follow this  
sem

Prepar3d V4.4 orbx problems

When i try to load ORBX LOWI, my game crashes, is this frequent with 4.4?

I too have noticed that where before an FTX EU;England was showing a good terrain texturing in v 4.3, now I'm getting blotchy squares, in v4,4.

1 minute ago, vc10man said:

I too have noticed that where before an FTX EU;England was showing a good terrain texturing in v 4.3, now I'm getting blotchy squares, in v4,4.

Not like that, my game straight up stops when entering any area of ORBX period

Just now, sem said:

Not like that, my game straight up stops when entering any area of ORBX period

I know, it was not like my problem, but as you headlined the topic Orbx and v4.4, I too was adding to your topic so that an Orbx expert could answer both problems. Follow?

Just now, vc10man said:

I know, it was not like my problem, but as you headlined the topic Orbx and v4.4, I too was adding to your topic so that an Orbx expert could answer both problems. Follow?

ah, yes allright

It's not an advertised cure, but you might try "migrating" again on the FTX Central settings page. I sometimes run it after adding a new orbyx scenery. It doesn't hurt anything and it might help. The only other thing I can think of, is if you have your'e Orbyx sceneries above some non-Orbyx third-party sceneries. 

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

8 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

It's not an advertised cure, but you might try "migrating" again on the FTX Central settings page. I sometimes run it after adding a new orbyx scenery. It doesn't hurt anything and it might help. The only other thing I can think of, is if you have your'e Orbyx sceneries above some non-Orbyx third-party sceneries. 

As I use UK2000Scenery airports, would you then advise disabling the check box for FTX EU:England for the UK2000n airport settings window that pops up,then?

I run Orbx FTX England and several UK2000 airports without problems (except autogen) in v4.4. I have slow autogen loading after a long flight, but this is everywhere not just in FTX England and UK2000 airports, so I don't think it has anything to do with ORBX or UK2000.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Not a problem in fact 4.4 for me runs better than 4.3 ORBX EU UK2000 airport, better draw distance and using Robs teak in the config for loading the GPU ram leaves 4.3 behind.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

@AviatorMan and Raymond

Thanks for that. In fact, I did spot Rob's P3D Guide and set my graphics accordingly. Re-did a flight from UK2000's EGCC, and this time where I was getting just square terrain with texturing, this time the various colours of green,yellow fields, etc did show up properly.

@sem

To follow-up on your initial post, using FSL's A319-124, AS4 weather,Orbx's LOWI, took off from Rwy26 in really low cloud without any CTDs, etc, etc

I had two CTDs with FSLabs A319, AS4, orbx LOWI just after takeoff RWY 08. Then I tried with different aircrafts, no CTD. After that it didn't happen anymore with FSLabs A319. 

Edited by HeLord

7700K, RTX 2070S, 16 GB RAM, WQHD monitor

As anything larger than a an A319 or a Dash Q8-400 is impossible to park at any parking position otherwise GSX does not work, it was a very first flight made in a suitable A319

Anyone still have this problem with 4.5 ?

My problem is 10x worse over FTX regions than stock. Autogen just not loading in front..... plenty behind and at sides but nothing ahead.