Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

X-ROTORS AW139

I watched the video.

Looks like the heli has a FMC!

Oh man, I was not aware that some helis have a FMC.

I've only flown classic, steam gauges helis so far.

Maybe time for me to catch-up with the technology. But even if she has a FMC, I will handfly her.

The addon is now in early access. I'm wondering if the price will increase and how much at the time of the final release.

- TONY -

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

I watched the video.

Looks like the heli has a FMC!

Oh man, I was not aware that some helis have a FMC.

I've only flown classic, steam gauges helis so far.

Maybe time for me to catch-up with the technology. But even if she has a FMC, I will handfly her.

The larger real world helicopters, especially those in mission-critical roles like military or SAR generally have FMC's for navigation. Even the ones with modern glass cockpits, like the new King Stallion naval heavy helicopter. I guess it's considered more robust than Garmin kit, and can still be linked to glass cockpit displays.

I think the only other payware helicopter available for X-Plane with an FMC besides this new AW139 is the S-92. The Blackhawk should have one, but it looks like it's GPS only. The V-22 Osprey has FMC navigation, if you call that a helicopter. 🙂

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Thanks Paraffin for your explanation about glass cockpit/FMC in modern helis. Much appreciated 🙂

- TONY -

Now don´t get me wrong, those are nice screenshots - but just to make clear, this forum should be no place to ADVERTISE for a payware addon, right?

Jan

• Like 1

Jan, i just try to be informative. The AW139 doesn´t have a website, so i did try to show how it is.

• Like 1

I think this thread has a purpose, it's a discussion on an addon just like any other on this same forum. And Nils have been nice enough to post some screens too when people asked him for some 🙂

• Like 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

It's up to the mods, but for me, advertising means something posted directly by the developer or distributor, or someone being paid (directly or with free software) to do that. As far as I can see, Nils is just an enthusiastic sim pilot showcasing his new toy.

Nothing wrong with that, in my book. He's providing useful info like the .fms loading post above, for anyone interested in picking this up. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Totally agree with the last 3 posts.

For me what Nils posted is informative and helpful information, not advertising.

Besides, he does some nice schreenshots, thus adding to my pleasure.

Regarding FMC, I've learnt to use one (I used to fly the PMDG 777 for P3D). If someday I buy this helicopter it would be a first flying a heli using a FMC.

• Like 1

- TONY -

This thread is like any other thread regarding any payware addon and I fail to see how this thread can be misconstrued as advertisement.

Anyway, it seem's like they got their new website up and running, and if you've bought this before the new site was opened, just make an account and send them a notice through the support tab and let them know, and they will add it to your account. Just did it myself, no hassle. Apparently there's also a discount available for those who own the 3.5 version, which I do, but didn't know about the discount until I checked the FAQ section just now. So that's a small heads up for previous owners.

I also uploaded a new paint to the .org site for my canadian friends, in case anyone is interested.

And while I'm at it, I added the Flight1 RealityXP GTN 750 (as a popup instrument) from day one, and I noticed that whatever I put into the helicopters FMC scratchpad (regarding radio frequencies), and tried to transfer them to the appropriate radio line (still on the FMC) it doesn't change the frequencies in the FMC, but on the MFD they do change? Is this because of the flight1 GTN 750 interfeering (I just recently got the GNT, so I'm a little unfamiliar with it) or is it a bug? Can someone who doesn't have the GTN installed check and see if numbers transfer from the scratchpad to the respective radio slots on the radio page of the FMC (com 1 and 2, nav 1 and 2 and headings)?

Cheers and have a continued good weekend :)

• Like 1

Many thanks for the kind comments! But i will stop posting screenshots in this thread.

And many thanks to scarp for his fantastic liveries!!

The latest: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/49791-x-rotor-aw139-ornge/

I did register at their new website and i hope they will soon add my order to my store account.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 5:22 PM, Scarp said:

This thread is like any other thread regarding any payware addon and I fail to see how this thread can be misconstrued as advertisement.

Anyway, it seem's like they got their new website up and running, and if you've bought this before the new site was opened, just make an account and send them a notice through the support tab and let them know, and they will add it to your account. Just did it myself, no hassle. Apparently there's also a discount available for those who own the 3.5 version, which I do, but didn't know about the discount until I checked the FAQ section just now. So that's a small heads up for previous owners.

I also uploaded a new paint to the .org site for my canadian friends, in case anyone is interested.

And while I'm at it, I added the Flight1 RealityXP GTN 750 (as a popup instrument) from day one, and I noticed that whatever I put into the helicopters FMC scratchpad (regarding radio frequencies), and tried to transfer them to the appropriate radio line (still on the FMC) it doesn't change the frequencies in the FMC, but on the MFD they do change? Is this because of the flight1 GTN 750 interfeering (I just recently got the GNT, so I'm a little unfamiliar with it) or is it a bug? Can someone who doesn't have the GTN installed check and see if numbers transfer from the scratchpad to the respective radio slots on the radio page of the FMC (com 1 and 2, nav 1 and 2 and headings)?

Cheers and have a continued good weekend 🙂

Not really a big deal but you refer to the Flight1 RealityXP GTN 750. Flight1 and RealityXP are two different companies making a GTN. As far as I know Flight1 doesn't make any gps products for X-Plane. So I would assume you have the RealityXP. Just so nobody gets confused here. 🙂

• Like 3

Yes, that is correct. RealityXP is just using the Flight1 wrapper.But the software itself is developed and sold by RealityXP.

Flight1 is first and foremost a publisher like for example Justflight or Aerosoft, although they've all had a few in-house developed products over the years.

• Like 2