Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

X-ROTORS AW139

Ah.. so there is a RC5 planned.

Thank you Nils.

- TONY -

a%3Eafter many tries and fails, i have finally gotten Swisscreations modification to work. Only problem now is that the "longnose cone" is blank and im unsure on how to paint it? any one know?

RC5 is out! I had to disable Windows Defender to install RC5. And i had to copy the liveries into the main liveries folder because the installer created a liveries folder inside the main liveries folder.

Yes, took me a while to find out why I only had default livery.   I was rather hoping for a map improvement or at least make it compatible for us to use our owned GTN 750 - there seems plenty of space.

10 hours ago, Littlepe said:

Yes, took me a while to find out why I only had default livery.   I was rather hoping for a map improvement or at least make it compatible for us to use our owned GTN 750 - there seems plenty of space.

You might try contacting the developer to see if they can enable the GTN 750  in popup window mode. That's how it's done in the X-Trident Bell 412, with a user set flag in a config file. The panel shows the 530 but you get the GTN 750 with full function as a popup window.

It's a lot of work and a separate development fork to embed it in the 3D cockpit, which is why it works that way in the 412. Maybe the AW139 could manage it the same way?

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I can use my 750 now as a pop up window and the 139 will follow its commands.  But it looks so much better when integrated in panel.  Several new a/c now come as 'compatable with 750' meaning that if you own the 750 it replaces the existing.  Carenado Baron and Commander for instance.

Right, I'm familiar with the way the 750 has been integrated in some Carenado models. I think it's just a question of hours needed to do the work, with Carenado having Thranda and probably a subcontractor or two with the XP model conversions, compared to a one-man shop like X-Trident or X-Rotors. Anyway, I hope you can get a panel version for the 139 eventually. 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Hi everyone,

I just bought the AW139 RC5, but I don't see any manual. Anyone knows where it is ?

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

The manual used to be one of the downloads prior to the recent release of RC5, but now has gone.  I noticed that a manual upgrade was listed on the recent changelog but then crossed through, so maybe they are working on it.  The Devs are very responsive so maybe give them a shout and they can help.

5 hours ago, Littlepe said:

The manual used to be one of the downloads prior to the recent release of RC5, but now has gone.  I noticed that a manual upgrade was listed on the recent changelog but then crossed through, so maybe they are working on it.  The Devs are very responsive so maybe give them a shout and they can help.

Thanks for the reply! I sent them a message yesterday and wait for their reply.

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

I still haven't got a reply from the developer so I ask here as there is no official forum as far as I can see.

I found a real world QRH on the web and was able to start the engines. However I am unable completely to control the flightstick, rudder and collective. No matter how I map them on the controls section, they won't move at all. With the same assignments my other X-Plane helicopters work perfectly. Not only the controls animation is not working, they don't have any effect on the aircraft. 

Anyone knows why this happens? I am on latest XP 11.33

Disregard! The problem was that I had the Force Trim switch to ON. 

Edited by Daedalus

10 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Disregard! The problem was that I had the Force Trim switch to ON.

Yes that would do it, and there is a force trim release on both collective and cyclic that you can map to a button and move the controls whilst force trim is on.

Oh, and as you have no manual - there is a useful Hover selection on the Autopilot panel  - must be less than 20 knots - and the indication on the PFD will change showing your drift.

Hi. Anyone know what the warning calls are? - I think she is saying RPG and there is another one

Really enjoying this chopper. I've integrated the GTN750 as a popup and it seems to be sending info to the MFD, but I cant seem to couple the autopilot. I can see the modes changing with my bindings, but the AP just wont take over. Must be missing something obvious. Any help?

The reflection on the MFD's needs to be toned down too (if you're listening x-rotors).

Thanks for this thread, it seems to be one of the only active threads for getting info. 👍

----------------

Edit: OK, it would appear that you need to engage force trim to detoggle the SAS before the FD can take over. Also, she's different with IAS mode than the Bell 429. To increase airspeed I need to lift collective. I set the airspeed bug, but it wont try to achieve that in AP (unless im doing something wrong again).

Beautiful chopper.

B8As1Fz.jpg?width=810&height=507

Note the reflection on the MFD's. In certain conditions, they're too difficult to see. I've already applied the glass reflection tweak found on xplane downloads site.

yafQYuT.jpg?width=810&height=507

Edited by Skiman
info update

I was going to say use the pilots glareshield extension  - but I don't think it makes much difference.