Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

X-ROTORS AW139

Hi! Just bought the Heli and tried some flights after reading the manual. I love it!

However, I cannot find how to activate the GPU. Is there a way to call the GPU?

Thanks!

Iching Lee from Taiwan

On 5/15/2019 at 12:06 AM, divinglyc said:

Hi! Just bought the Heli and tried some flights after reading the manual. I love it!

However, I cannot find how to activate the GPU. Is there a way to call the GPU?

Thanks!

No GPU that im aware of. Start off battery works every time

16 minutes ago, Skiman said:

No GPU that im aware of. Start off battery works every time

Thanks a lot! Got it! Just trying to make sure I did not miss something. 😉

Iching Lee from Taiwan

Hi Guys,

I have some troubles assigning all the functions of the cyclic and collective to my Joystick. I see all the functions under the custom list of X-Rotors but I don't know which one is which function because of their abbreviation.

And are there any more instructions on the Hove autopilot available? Can't seem to transition from hover to flight and visa versa.

Edited by Bobbyjuwing

On 5/25/2019 at 3:33 PM, Bobbyjuwing said:

Hi Guys,

I have some troubles assigning all the functions of the cyclic and collective to my Joystick. I see all the functions under the custom list of X-Rotors but I don't know which one is which function because of their abbreviation.

And are there any more instructions on the Hove autopilot available? Can't seem to transition from hover to flight and visa versa.

Which key binds are you having trouble with?

To transition into flight, you want to disengage auto hover. You want full function of the aircraft at your disposal for ETL. Likewise when you come into land, establish a hover manually over the landing area and then press HOV (if you need to).

Here's a video on auto hover 

Hi all,

Again thank you for this topic. It is hard to find information’s about this bird. It’s a nice piece of work but very little functionalities are working or is it me? Rotor brake, caution panel, FMC, don’t work. Autopilot is twitchy and there are no modern navigation possibilities, only VOR & ADF. This last point is rather disturbing for a modern helicopter. Does it work by other users?

Hello everyone!

Trying to master this thing. Currently i'm a bit confused about trimming and hand flying it in general. Maybe you can help to understand the common practicies to fly it.

My practice on it looks like this: I takeoff  with AP1+2+SAS, cyclic and collective force trim swithes is off. FD modes all OFF (STBY mode). I establish a hover 5–10 ft above ground, then slowly taxi out from apron, accelerating and starting to climb, turn force trims ON, FDs still in STBY. With FTR depressed i turn to cruise heading and after ~90 kt i turn on ALTA and NAV modes. 

In cruise, when approaching ToD, i turn off ALT mode and then i start trying to initiate descent. And this is counter-intuitive to me even after reading X-rotors user guide and few sections of real POH.

I expect that after turning ON VS mode i will be able to adjust vertical speed by CYT (collective/yaw) trim down command. But this doesn't happen, i don't see VS bug. Somehow, if i apply default command for VS adjusting, this bug is appearing. This looks like hack, because i can't find a real button in virtual cockpit that will do the same. 

On approach at ~1000ft i turn OFF force trim switches and go to SAS mode, handflying it till touchdown. 

Regarding my hardware, i have X-52pro and no pedals, so using twist for yaw adjustments.

Another problem is with force-trimming procedure. I move cyclic with FTR depressed, when release FTR, heli keeps attitude and roll and i move my stick back to center. Next time, then i want to use FTR and depress it again, heli immediately starts banking / pitching, like if centering force was moved back to where joystic starts it trave (from center). I guess it's wrong behaviour or i'm doing something wrong. I understand that there is big difference in how force trimming works IRL and how it realised in sim.

Link to AW139 POH. I've made few bookmarks in that PDF to easier navigation between 1800+ pages.

And just wanna say that i like this helicopter and think that X-rotors made really great job on it. I'm currently on 4.0RC7. Eagerly waiting for RC8 with MFD map page and other perks. Together with Bell 412 they make really great party to fly. Sometimes steam gauges, sometimes glass cockpit. Bot are great for FSEconomy.

Edited by Junglist

No as smooth as i want to, but still quite happy with results

Beautiful machine

AW139_-_2019-11-22_3.05.03.png?width=1548&height=839

Edited by Junglist

I think the purchase of this helicopter is a mistake. It is unusable as it stands, almost nothing works and it no longer seems to be updated. In fact it is a very beautiful 3D model but completely hollow.

I've bought the A139 and love it, but just noticed that there's no Execute button on the FMC, so no matter what changes I make putting in a route, etc., I can't actually make the aircraft follow it.  Am I missing something?