Posted (edited)

I still haven't got a reply from the developer so I ask here as there is no official forum as far as I can see.

I found a real world QRH on the web and was able to start the engines. However I am unable completely to control the flightstick, rudder and collective. No matter how I map them on the controls section, they won't move at all. With the same assignments my other X-Plane helicopters work perfectly. Not only the controls animation is not working, they don't have any effect on the aircraft. 

Anyone knows why this happens? I am on latest XP 11.33

Disregard! The problem was that I had the Force Trim switch to ON. 

Edited by Daedalus

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

10 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Disregard! The problem was that I had the Force Trim switch to ON.

Yes that would do it, and there is a force trim release on both collective and cyclic that you can map to a button and move the controls whilst force trim is on.

Oh, and as you have no manual - there is a useful Hover selection on the Autopilot panel  - must be less than 20 knots - and the indication on the PFD will change showing your drift.

Hi. Anyone know what the warning calls are? - I think she is saying RPG and there is another one

Posted (edited)

Really enjoying this chopper. I've integrated the GTN750 as a popup and it seems to be sending info to the MFD, but I cant seem to couple the autopilot. I can see the modes changing with my bindings, but the AP just wont take over. Must be missing something obvious. Any help?

The reflection on the MFD's needs to be toned down too (if you're listening x-rotors).

Thanks for this thread, it seems to be one of the only active threads for getting info. 👍

----------------

Edit: OK, it would appear that you need to engage force trim to detoggle the SAS before the FD can take over. Also, she's different with IAS mode than the Bell 429. To increase airspeed I need to lift collective. I set the airspeed bug, but it wont try to achieve that in AP (unless im doing something wrong again).

Beautiful chopper.

B8As1Fz.jpg?width=810&height=507

Note the reflection on the MFD's. In certain conditions, they're too difficult to see. I've already applied the glass reflection tweak found on xplane downloads site.

yafQYuT.jpg?width=810&height=507

Edited by Skiman
info update

I was going to say use the pilots glareshield extension  - but I don't think it makes much difference.

Hi! Just bought the Heli and tried some flights after reading the manual. I love it!

However, I cannot find how to activate the GPU. Is there a way to call the GPU?

Thanks!

On 5/15/2019 at 12:06 AM, divinglyc said:

Hi! Just bought the Heli and tried some flights after reading the manual. I love it!

However, I cannot find how to activate the GPU. Is there a way to call the GPU?

Thanks!

No GPU that im aware of. Start off battery works every time

16 minutes ago, Skiman said:

No GPU that im aware of. Start off battery works every time

Thanks a lot! Got it! Just trying to make sure I did not miss something. 😉

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

I have some troubles assigning all the functions of the cyclic and collective to my Joystick. I see all the functions under the custom list of X-Rotors but I don't know which one is which function because of their abbreviation.

And are there any more instructions on the Hove autopilot available? Can't seem to transition from hover to flight and visa versa.

Edited by Bobbyjuwing

On 5/25/2019 at 3:33 PM, Bobbyjuwing said:

Hi Guys,

I have some troubles assigning all the functions of the cyclic and collective to my Joystick. I see all the functions under the custom list of X-Rotors but I don't know which one is which function because of their abbreviation.

And are there any more instructions on the Hove autopilot available? Can't seem to transition from hover to flight and visa versa.

Which key binds are you having trouble with?

To transition into flight, you want to disengage auto hover. You want full function of the aircraft at your disposal for ETL. Likewise when you come into land, establish a hover manually over the landing area and then press HOV (if you need to).

Here's a video on auto hover