Sign in to follow this  
Bentree_

VRI Combo Panel not connecting (merged)

Hi Guys,

I recieved my new MCT Combo II Boeing style. It took me one complete day to get it connected to my PC with the VRinsight software, but that works now.

Now i am already busy for another complete day to get the MCP Combo to work with Linda. (searched this forum but can not find out what the problem is)

Linda (wich is working o.k. with my go-Flight modules) is indicated that all is installed well (three greens), the com port (com5) is set o.k. (also in FSUIPC) and the MCP Combo is connected into the PC USB connector (not into any hub).

I use the CDM2.12.28 driver software and the VRinsight software is not running.

The MCP Combo main small display is displaying the "MCP II / Boeing Type 1.100 VRinsight, Flight dream supplier" text wich is not changing to anything else.

(it did when i run the VRinsight software with wich i could work with the MCP Combo and the PMDG B737, at that time Linda was disconnected - because the two software programs interfere)

When i startup P3Dv.4.4 Linda starts and the MCP Combo flashes.

When the aircraft is set (any aircraft) and when i utilize a knob or rotary on the MCP Combo, the combo flashes once and goes into test mode.

No matter what i try or reinstall....it remains the same. The MCP Combo is not connected to Linda (pushing buttons or rotary's does not show any movement in Linda).

Help is much appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Ben

Edited by ScotFlieger

Please follow the Fault Diagnosis procedure thread and email me the logs. That will allow me to see what it going wrong. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you for sending the files. I can’t view the .lua files until I can get on my PC.

The FSUIPC5.log (line 281) indicates that FSUIPC tries to connect to your MCP2 Boeing Combo panel. It gets a serial comport device ID but receives no acknowledgement. It should log the panel type. If it doesn’t then LINDA can not control the panel. Check you have set the correct comport number in LINDA and FSUIPC5.ini  

This is very similar to another user’s problem I have been looking at. It suggests that may you still have some VRI software running (VRSim of SerialFP2) running. Use the Activity Monitor to ensure that neither is running.

Alternatively, the USB/serial connection could be intermittent. Are you hearing the Windows device connect/reconnect tones? To test this run the VRISim program and ensure it connector identifies the panel details. You can test the connection by ticking the read and write checkboxes and repeatedly entering the following commands in uppercase in the write box and clicking the T(est) button: CMDRST, CMDVER, CMDFUN. The latter 2 should return the version number and panel type. If not this may be a new issue with the latest Win10 update  

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scot,

There is no VRinsight software running, i have checked that in the taskmanager.

The MCP Combo is working correctly with the VRinsight software.

I travel abroad for a week from tomorrow and i will read (and reply0 to your further messages later.

I hope we will find a solution.

Regards,

Ben

Do you have the right comm port selected in LINDA?

In the VR Insight Software you should see the comm port, this should be the same in LINDA.

And the 737 module:

Edited by rob0203

Hi,

I am back from my trip and started to work with the MCP combo and Linda in order to get it to work.

The thing is that i got the MCP Combo alive with Linda and P3Dv4.4 (PMDG B737) now once indeed (!), the blue screen in the combo changed ftom test mode to working mode and said which aircraft was connected), but when i turn the knobs nothing happened in the sim.

I am pretty sure that this must be a com port conflict with the CPFlight MCP that i also have connected (but which is switched off), i can see that the comports differ from 6 to 5.

Now i am messing around to change the comport that is connected to the MCP's (preventing they are not both on and connected at the same time).

Question:

1. How can i set a fixed comport to a device?

2. The CPFlight MCP has got com port 6, wich seem to be reserved for it even when that MCP is not connected via USB cable not power. How can i change the computer to use a different comport for that other MCP? (since i think the MCP Combo also wants to use that specific com port?

3. any other advices?

When there is an answer, can you please give the explanation step by step, because i am a complete computer no no.. 🙂

I am hoping for any advice fro you.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Edited by Bentree_

Hi Ben

You need to ensure that the panel is not is test mode when you connect to the Flt Sim, FSUIPC and LINDA. For the MCP Combo 2 Boeing Autopilot not Disengaged and MCP Combo 2 Airbus Baro set to hPa. When FSUIPC connects the panel should briefly flash and when LINDA connects you should see the aircraft identified and Powered by LINDA messages followed by the normal SPD/HDG/ALT/VVS and radio displays.

Use the Device Manager or the VRSim.exe software to see what Com Port the VRI Panel is connected to. This should be set in LINDA Setup MCP Combo. LINDA will write this to FSUIPCx.ini after which you will need to restart your Flt Sim.

I have no knowledge of the CPF MCP and would not recommend connecting the VRI and CPF panels at the same time even if you use different ports. LINDA will not control the CFP panel.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi

For some reason my VRI software decided to longer recongnise any of my VRI gear such as MCP 2, M Panel etc which is a little strange in itself,

I reinstalled software etc but still no luck so I thought I would give Linda a try, firstly looks like a great program very impressive.

I thought I had setup my MCP 2 panel ok but nothing seems to happen in game, I feel that I am missing a step and have gone over manuals and YouTube videos but am still lost

According to Linda everything seems to be setup ok but again the display and buttons don't change on my MCP

Any ideas 

Hi Andrew,

I do not use the CPF MCP and the Combo at the same time and when i use the one, the other is disconnected from the computer to prevent comport interference.

Just now i have sent you the fault diagnose files of the latest event. (contrairy to the previous files the MCP Combo now connected to the sim.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance, regards,

Ben

Thank you for the logs.

Looking at the FSUIPC5.log, it shows you have too many comports defined. You need to edit the FSUIPC5.ini file and delete all but the current one in the block [VRInsight]. You only need one entry: 1=com3 (or comx as for installation). FSUIPC is not finding or correctly opening the connection to the panel (see lines "VRI port "comx" faulted to open).

You have a gitlua.lua file in your /modules folder. I would remove to another location at present. I don't know its function.

I suggest you use the VRSIM.exe app to check that you have a working connection between your PC and your panel. With this connected press the LAMP button on the panel. Make sure you do not hear any device unconnect/reconnect bongs. This will also confirm the correct comport number to use in FSUIPC5.ini.

Then stop the VRSIM.exe app and start P3D and LINDA. See if the panel correctly connects. Send me just the 2 log files if it does not.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

There have been several similar reports which I suspect are related to recent Win10 updates. I do not have these problems.

If the VRISIM.exe app does not connect to your panel then check in Device Manager that it is actually connected. Make sure you are not hearing the disconnect/reconnect bong tones with the panel connected, especially when you turn the panel lights on.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Interesting, I will check in device manager but I did not the ping last night.

Sometimes the VRI software would detect my M panel and sometimes it would not.

Sounds like its going to be fun

The intermittent connectivity is the symptom another user was having. This was preventing FSUIPC maintaining a reliable connection. It appears to be related to current drawn by the panel.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK