Sign in to follow this  
marcom

Step by Step Guide for New Customers

This post contains useful information if you are new to aviaworx!

Scroll down to see a step-by-step guide on how to get started.

We'll start off with some general information

• How does it work?
    • 'aviaServer' (the actual executable is called aviaServer.exe) is a standard Windows application and runs on your FlightSim PC. What it does is it connects to FlightSim (FSX or P3D) and communicates with the different add-ons that are compatible. At the same time, aviaServer spawns a web server and waits for a browser to connect
    • Your mobile device's browser is used to connect to aviaServer within your local network (so your mobile device's WiFi needs to be active and needs to be connected to the same network your FlightSim PC is connected to). As such, there is no 'App' needed from the Apple AppStore or Google's PlayStore. All you need is a browser which makes this solution so compatible.
    • A lot of effort has been put into the User Experience so that the CDU or EFB 'feel' right. Safari on Apple and Chrome on Android allow you to add web-sites to the home-screen and by doing so, you will see no difference between running a native app (so an app that you install from the different Stores) and a so-called web-app (like in this case). The ReadMe documentation gives you details on how to do this.
    • Note: aviaOverhead can be used in two different ways: either as a web app similar to the CDU or as a standalone application using the Overhead Client, which is also contained in the .zip file. Please take a look at the ReadMe.pdf for further details.

• Where do I download it from?
  • Do I need to pay for it?
    • Depends! When you download aviaServer, you will not have licenses for any of the add-ons. This will put aviaServer into 'view only' mode, meaning that you can see the content of the CDU/EFB on your mobile device but not make any inputs. Ie if you click on a button, you will get a warning stating that no license has been found.
    • If you decide to purchase a license for a specific add-on, the 'view-only' limitation is removed for that add-on and inputs will be forwarded to FlightSim.
    • The 'view-only' mode allows you to test the connection and make sure you are good to go before deciding to buy a license. This is in part to avoid any frustration people get when buying something that doesn't immediately work (been there, seen that).

• How do I buy a license?
    • All purchases are done through aviaServer running on your Windows PC. When you start aviaServer.exe, you will see a small icon in your task tray (the lower right corner of your desktop, where you have the clock). Right-clicking the icon opens a menu with different options, including sending a 'License Request'. If your PC is connected to the internet, you can send a license request directly. If not, you can save a license request file (.licreq) and send it to me via e-mail. Further details can be found in the ReadMe.pdf

• How much does a license cost?
  • How many devices can I connect at the same time?
    • There is no limitation! You can connect different devices, running different operating systems, all at once.

Step by Step Guide

1. Download the latest version of aviaServer from https://www.aviaworx.com/download

2. Extract all files from the archive to a directory of your choice

3. Make a shortcut to aviaServer.exe and place it on the desktop

4. Run the App (i.e. execute aviaServer.exe)

5. It will either show up in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, or in the hidden icons accessible at the right extreme of the taskbar

6. Right-click the icon

7. A menu page opens

1.png

8. Place mouse cursor on top of the line “Generate QR Code”

9. A list of the products available through aviaServer, opens up

2.png

10. Place the mouse cursor on the product you are interested in (for this example, I chose the PMDG B747 v3)

11. The items available for this product open up

3.png

12. Place the cursor on the item you are interested in (for this example, I chose the CDU left)

4.png

13. A URL page opens up (in this example, it is:    http://192.168.206.1:32116

14. Take your mobile device that you are going to use.

15. Open a browser in the mobile device (ex Safari for IOS or Google Chrome for Android devices. Enter the URL above (type it in) in URL address line of the browser and “voila” you are done, the item (the device) that you chose, will appear on your device.

16. You also have the option to have the mobile device read the QR Code directly using a QR scanning app, avoiding a couple of the steps above.

17. Obviously you have to buy the license for the item/device you want to fully use.

18. Make sure that your license(s) are copied into the same folder where aviaServer.exe is located in
Edited by marcom
  • Like 1

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

With your kind permission, let me add a small detail.

Your gaming computer (desktop or laptop) which is hosting the sim, and your smart device (tablet or phone) which is hosting this remote app, MUST be connected on the same wifi modem (or router).

If you connect your pc/laptop to your wifi modem, and if you connect your tablet/phone to its gsm network mobile internet, then you CANNOT use the app.

Hey Mark, tks for the update.

All work, but; the image in my Tablet (samsung) are so little. How i can make most bigger, to fit in all screen?.

Tks in advance.

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

15 minutes ago, ferangel2000 said:

Hey Mark, tks for the update.

All work, but; the image in my Tablet (samsung) are so little. How i can make most bigger, to fit in all screen?.

Tks in advance.

Hi,

maybe this will help:

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

I have the latest version downloaded.  There is no icon on my task bar or under the hidden icons either. I click the exe again, it states that it is already running.  Where is it?

Gnacino

15 hours ago, Gnacino said:

I have the latest version downloaded.  There is no icon on my task bar or under the hidden icons either. I click the exe again, it states that it is already running.  Where is it?

Gnacino

It should be in the bottom right tray - a small CDU icon.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

This is sooo confusing you need to have a great deal of computer knowledge to get this to work.  I purchased a license for the 787 and have previously tested it to take sure it works on an iPad, which it did.  Where I'm completely lost is, I have the email for the license but it only allows me to open it on Notepad, I don't see anywhere where I can "extract" the file. So I copied and pasted the file to Downloads where the simserver folder is located. Opened the client and it still said the 787 in view only, so I exited the client. Now the client is nowhere to be found. This is a complete joke!

Mark Nelson

2 hours ago, marcom said:

It should be in the bottom right tray - a small CDU icon.

Its not.  Nowhere on my task bar nor in the hidden icons.   If I click the exe again it says its running.  Bottom line, I can't access the program.

Help, I'm very interested in the program.

Gnacino

I got it all working and figured out. But my issue is how or can I get rid of the browser frame around the CDU or EFB on screen? I have a Samsung SM-T380 Android tablet I am using for this and chrome as the browser to view everything.

Thanks,

Jason

System: P3D v4.5 HF2 & XP11, Ryzen 9 3900XNvidia RTX 2080, 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600Mhz RAMMSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon MoBo, 500Mb Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 2x 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSDCorsair H150I Pro RGB AIO, Cooler Master MB511 RGB Case, Corsair RM850X PSUWin 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 32" 4K Monitor & Samsung 28" 4K Monitor T-Flight Hotas 4.

13 hours ago, Fresjay76 said:

I got it all working and figured out. But my issue is how or can I get rid of the browser frame around the CDU or EFB on screen? I have a Samsung SM-T380 Android tablet I am using for this and chrome as the browser to view everything.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

please check the documentation. You can simply add the page to the homescreen, making it full screen.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

12 hours ago, marcom said:

Hi Jason,

please check the documentation. You can simply add the page to the homescreen, making it full screen.

Regards

Mark

You are correct and found this out late last night. I should have come back and deleted the question. Used the Remote MFD and EFB all day today. Love this feature. Thank you for responding to my post.

Jason

System: P3D v4.5 HF2 & XP11, Ryzen 9 3900XNvidia RTX 2080, 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600Mhz RAMMSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon MoBo, 500Mb Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 2x 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSDCorsair H150I Pro RGB AIO, Cooler Master MB511 RGB Case, Corsair RM850X PSUWin 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 32" 4K Monitor & Samsung 28" 4K Monitor T-Flight Hotas 4.

If your program is not opening but says it's running, open Task manager, you will see the icon, expanded it and left click on the icon.

Tom Johnson

12 hours ago, 0310 said:

If your program is not opening but says it's running, open Task manager, you will see the icon, expanded it and left click on the icon.

Tom Johnson

Doesn’t work for me....

Its running in task manager but can’t access it, left click does nothing...win 10.

Luke Pype

26 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

Doesn’t work for me....

Its running in task manager but can’t access it, left click does nothing...win 10.

Yes, you need to right click the icon - NOT left.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png