Sign in to follow this  
marcom

Step by Step Guide for New Customers

What an utter faff.

You do know there are actual apks for tablets out there that does this properly ?

I hate to think what the lag is like.

6 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

What an utter faff.

You do know there are actual apks for tablets out there that does this properly ?

I was contemplating if I was going to respond to this, but I'll try and be as positive as I can be.

While there may be other solutions out there offering a 'native' app, remember that those solutions will always be OS dependent (Android, IOS, etc).

This solution however is completely independent (neutral) and I believe WebApps will replace many existing native apps in the future due to the technology evolving on one hand and the reduced time-to-market on the other hand.

I welcome any skeptic to actually try and use the free(!) version and check for lags / bad User Experience and I hope you will be as positively surprised as warranted by the positive reviews here and elsewhere.

If you still feel this solution to be sub-par, I would like to invite you to a constructive debate on what aspects you dislike as I'm always open to ideas on how to improve.

• Like 4

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

5 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

What an utter faff.

Do you own the product? Maybe, as someone so utterly uninformed, you should reconsider before making similar posts in the future.

I own virtually EVERY product Mark has produced, and each works flawlessly, no lag, very little resource use, and they're inexpensive. What's not to like?

If you don't like the way it's implemented, don't buy it.

What are "apks"?

Kind Regards,

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

On 7/4/2019 at 10:22 PM, Gabe777 said:

What an utter faff.

I bought a CDU 737NGX from Mark today. Earlier I used VAInterface from Virtual Avionic, which has its iPad application. The application crashed and was delayed. Mark's solution is perfect.

Kind Regards

I have no exit with this addon. I purchase in my sinmarket, follow all the steps and in my tablet (android) appears a messagge that says: "no license found! You will need to purchase a license to be able to send key presses.

In the application for my desktop, appears that connected with PMDG 737. I have MSFS 2020. My license key is activated.

Can anyone help me?

5 hours ago, pablomas5 said:

I have no exit with this addon. I purchase in my sinmarket, follow all the steps and in my tablet (android) appears a messagge that says: "no license found! You will need to purchase a license to be able to send key presses.

In the application for my desktop, appears that connected with PMDG 737. I have MSFS 2020. My license key is activated.

Can anyone help me?

No point in asking the same question in mutliple locations - just making helping you more difficult. Let's take it from the other thread.

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Hi,

New user here. I have installed the server but when I run it, it does not show anything. I have checked in the task manger and it is there: aviaserver (32) and aviaserverFSproxi(32). I am on a windows 10 (64bit). Any solution to this?

When you run the server it will show up in the taskbar tray (usually in the lower right corner of your monitor). You won't see anything else regarding the server. If you are talking about not seeing anything on your tablet/computer/phone, you have to use a browser to navigate to the corresponding IP:Port for your product.

In the aviaserver directory there should be a manual.pdf. Refer to the manual to see how to connect a client (browser) to the server for your licensed products.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Hi Somiller,

Thanks. Fixed it. Works excellent. I didn't see the icon hidden on the task bar. For the past 10 years being on MAC...forgot the mighty windows:)

10 hours ago, Danqtr said:

Hi Somiller,

Thanks. Fixed it. Works excellent. I didn't see the icon hidden on the task bar. For the past 10 years being on MAC...forgot the mighty windows:)

Glad you got it working, because it's a really useful product. I think you'll find as I have, that I don't fly the PMDG 737 or Aerosoft CRJ without aviaCDU.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

I am having a little trouble getting it up and running.

I have purchased the PMDG 737 CDU and have got it onto my Galaxy tablet but it says FMC TIMEOUT and when I press any button it tells me -No License Found You will need to purchase a license to send key presses. I have inputted my license # and selected PMDC 737 but if I click on top right hand screw it says connected to PMDG 747!?

I must say what I see is really nice and look forward to getting it going. Hope that you will be able to help me and look forward to that moment.

Kind regards

Richard

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

7 hours ago, rgbinns said:

I am having a little trouble getting it up and running.

I have purchased the PMDG 737 CDU and have got it onto my Galaxy tablet but it says FMC TIMEOUT and when I press any button it tells me -No License Found You will need to purchase a license to send key presses. I have inputted my license # and selected PMDC 737 but if I click on top right hand screw it says connected to PMDG 747!?

I must say what I see is really nice and look forward to getting it going. Hope that you will be able to help me and look forward to that moment.

Kind regards

Richard

Are you using MSFS?

Clicking on the top right hand screw is for switching between left and right CDU's and has nothing to do with establishing the Galaxy tab connection to aviaServer.

I use a Galaxy tab and it works great. I have found the best way to enter the license is to scan the QR code: In the aviaServer user interface select "generate QR code - PMDG 737 - Left (or Right) CDU - http:// address" then scan that QR with the camera on your Galaxy tab. Once you have it open in the web browser save a shortcut to the home screen.

Did you activate your license in aviaServer - "activate purchased license key"?

If license is activated in aviaServer select "check license status - aviaCDU" activated licenses will be light blue and non-active will be purple

After launching aviaServer and MSFS at the top of the aviaServer interface is there a green "connected to PMDG 737 NGXu" status message - meaning it's connected to MSFS?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Thank you for your help.

Yes, I am using MSFS2020.  It says that it is connected to PMDG737 NGXu and that the same is licensed [FS2020] but then it tells me Connected clients 3 

747 CDU L 192.168.0.188.42272 [Galaxy-Tab-A8.modem]

747 CDU L 192.168.0.188.42266 [Galaxy-Tab-A8.modem]

747 CDU L 192.168.0.188.42268 [Galaxy-Tab-A8.modem]

Why 747 and not 737?

And I am still getting 192.168.0.154:32116 says No License Found

Yes there is a  green "connected to PMDG 737 NGXu" status message .

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

What version of aviaServer are you running - select about in the UI.

I will say the connected ports appear to have been altered in aviaServer.exe.config - as far as I can tell all default ports are 3xxxx, not 4xxxx, with the exception of some of the Dash-8 ports. I would first try deleting the weblink on your Galaxy tab and recreate it by scanning the correct QR code. If that doesn't work delete aviaServer.exe.config, restart aviaServer, rescan the correct QR code.  If that doesn't work try uninstalling and reinstalling aviaServer and rescanning the correct QR code.

After that I'm out of ideas and I would suggest sending your logs to Mark at aviaWorx - select "Get Help..." in the UI.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

I need help guys:

I bought AviaServer two days ago, I've installed it as specified in any directory, I've Made a shortcut to aviaServer.exe and I've placed it on the desktop .. double click but ... nothing happens!
Any suggestions ?