Sign in to follow this  
drayton_k

APU will not start on 800

I cant manage to get thje APU to start on the ground. I have held the switch on for a few seconds as someone else suggested and it still will not start. I have even set my old C&D start, but still no joy.

Whats so different between the 800 and 400 that stops me starting the APU? The 400 works fine.

Thanks

Keith

2 hours ago, drayton_k said:

I cant manage to get thje APU to start on the ground. I have held the switch on for a few seconds as someone else suggested and it still will not start. I have even set my old C&D start, but still no joy.

Incredibly important to know what your procedure is. Please let us know what steps you're taking to get to the APU start up.

Additionally - minor point: 8, not 800 :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, drayton_k said:

Usual BAT on, then power up aircraft. Then select APU on, just what I do every time when using the 400

nothing else should be required. Kyle, I can't follow you on this.. what should be so important?

I assume a panel state issue, Keith. Do you load P3D with the F22 turning in the window and then switch to the 747, load the flight and have engines running? Then, when the 747 has initialized load the Cold an Dark panel state? Everything else will (for the first part) and might (for the panel state part) cause trouble. 

4 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Kyle, I can't follow you on this.. what should be so important?

What do you mean? I simply asked what his procedure was. It’s imporant to know. How could it not be?

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

What do you mean? I simply asked what his procedure was. It’s imporant to know. How could it not be?

Bat on, APU on.. 

32 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

nothing else should be required. Kyle, I can't follow you on this.. what should be so important?

I assume a panel state issue, Keith. Do you load P3D with the F22 turning in the window and then switch to the 747, load the flight and have engines running? Then, when the 747 has initialized load the Cold an Dark panel state? Everything else will (for the first part) and might (for the panel state part) cause trouble. 

Hi Marc, I usually load the 747 from the menu with the AC112 spinning in the window. Once the 747 is loaded I let it initialise. I have the C&D set as default state by the way. Thats the way I always start a flight  and I never get any problems until now.

I have just saved a new panel state with APU, on so hopefuly it should be ok now. I have just loaded it and the APU is ON. Fingers crossed 😉

Thanks

Keith

Edited by drayton_k

29 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Bat on, APU on.. 

And without him telling you that he did exactly this, you can assume he did exactly that?

When troubleshooting *never* assume...

Ever.

I’ll let you take it from here, though.

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

When troubleshooting *never* assume...

Ever.

haha, I guess you're the one who has seen everything ^^

Marc, you were right my friend. I have just deleted my saved startup flight and tried again using the default C&D option. I can start the APU now without a problem. I guess my start flight was corrupt somehow. 

Many thanks for the heads up..

Keith

6 minutes ago, drayton_k said:

Marc, you were right my friend. I have just deleted my saved startup flight and tried again using the default C&D option. I can start the APU now without a problem. I guess my start flight was corrupt somehow. 

Many thanks for the heads up..

Keith

it's not about a corrupt start flight, the helicopter is probably working perfectly. The issue comes when you load P3D/FSX with any addon set as default that might set any variables. The PMDG addon then gets loaded with these variables set as default and can't handle it. Keep in mind, it's just software. Good to hear it's working now. 

Edited by Ephedrin

I had this issue on the 777 also, I found out its a faulty panel save issue... Try using another panel save and see if its the same result.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

On 1/13/2019 at 3:01 PM, drayton_k said:

I have even set my old C&D start, but still no joy.

Didn't see this part... Try using the ready to go panel, with engines running and see if the APU will start with this setup

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg