Sign in to follow this  
Jammin16

Too high PMDG prices

Hi everybody

I have considered buying PMDG 747-400 v3 for P3D v4 but I think the price is too high! So I wanted to hear what others say at such a high price 139,99 US$

Can it really be right for an add-on that the price should be so high. So I know very well that it has been difficult to make these aircraft, and it has required a lot of work I greatly appreciate their work but if it had just cost 69.99$ then I would have been happy with their work.

Regards Startour

• Like 2

It's a very high price and that's not adding the -8 on top.

What do you want people to say? Talk you into it or suggest you buy the iFly version that is a lot cheaper?

Only you can decide if that price is worth it to you. Sorry, it is down to how much use you will get out of it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If you fly it once, yes it is expensive. If you fly it a 1000 times it's a bargain.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Dwight Heyer

IMO it's quite fair considering the quality of the addon in addition to updates and on going support. The documentation itself is worth quite a bit.  Well worth it to the serious jet simmer. Eye of the beholder I guess.

Vic green

Don't buy it then. Sooking about it won't change the price. If you "greatly appreciate their work" then you'd stump up.

Edited by DavidP

David Porrett

I fly both the iFly 737NG and iFly 747-400 and 747-800 and I am truly pleased with these simulations.

If you buy the 747-400 for $69,90 the 800 version even is included, and it looks great. And indeed there is plenty of sophistication and good looks in these products and you can make very realistic flights. So there is a very very interesting alternative to buying jets from PMDG. I have stopped buying PMDG when I was required to pay again the full price for P3D after I had bought the FSX 737NG and 777 jets from PMDG.

Cheers .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Startour said:

Hi everybody

I have considered buying PMDG 747-400 v3 for P3D v4 but I think the price is too high! So I wanted to hear what others say at such a high price 139,99 US$

Can it really be right for an add-on that the price should be so high. So I know very well that it has been difficult to make these aircraft, and it has required a lot of work I greatly appreciate their work but if it had just cost 69.99$ then I would have been happy with their work.

Regards Startour

When dealing with an oligopoly under capitalism the market decides the price. 🙂

Capitalism and gravity, what great concepts. 🤣

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I consider the price for this addon (and others from PMDG) as ok for what you get. There is a lot of development effort in these products and the result is just amazing. If you really appreciate what you get, you will not ask about the paid price again.

What I completely dislike is PMDG‘s non-existing upgrade policy. Longtime customers who purchased their addons for FSX have to pay the full price for the P3D product (which is significantly higher than for the FSX products anyway), although more than 90% of the code is, according to my experience, the same. This is really disappointing and not customer-friendly at all.

Edited by Flyfox
  • Upvote 1

Felix

I own all their jets... And they are worth every penny as I spend hundreds and hundreds of hours pouring through the tech manuals and learning every system. But then again I own FSX so I didn't have to pay such high prices 🤣

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I don't think that there is anything wrong with complaining about prices. It's perfectly natural to do so especially when your gut tells you are being ripped off. You know what they say about a fool and his money and fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on me. Personally, I think PMDG are gouging. When and if I ever want to dive into a study level 747 I'll buy the iFly but I'll wait for a sale. My opinion is buy addons when they are on sale only.

What do Captain Sim and PMDG have in common? Their charge about 100% more for their addons than they are worth or need to charge to make a decent profit! 🤣🤣🤣

For home use PC's - PMDG planes are as close as you can get to reality, and they do an outstanding job of simulating the real plane. Whether one has a full size cockpit hardware with multi screens, or a simple joystick and a 20" screen, PMDG products are made to be very practical for everyone.

The manuals themselves are valued in the hundreds of dollars, maybe more. 

• Like 1

This subject has been covered over and over. It is what it is. We don't need a gripe thread.

Shutting this down.

Vic

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors