Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

P3D 4.4 Released - Good Enough?

I installed the full P3d suite and after about 3 weeks of fidgeting have come to the conclusion that it IS a good upgrade for these reasons:

1) Performance - Best since FS98
2) Scenery - Minimal popping settings mostly maxed
3) AutoGen - No Issues (Normal)
4) Camera System - Good - Still learning
5) Landclass - Default not bad but using Open LC
6) Graphics - Excellent with Default NVidia CP settings
7) Environment sounds - Best I've heard in any FSX related sim
😎

Cheers 
bs

• Like 3

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Agreed.  Once my system is rebuilt I will be flying it exclusively.

spacer.png

Will second that … and looking forward to the next set of incorporated features as it distances itself more and more from the fsx codebase … I certainly am hoping that at the release of v5 it will have more core support

It was good but I'm still going to complain until they update the airports data base and scenery.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Hands down the best overall sim experience.

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Hands down the best overall sim experience.

+1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

It's the sort of milestone which makes you look back at where it all started from and glory in the vision on how far we've come. When FSX was released back in '06 I felt the same way, but v4.4 is way better than that.

It helps to have a high end rig to show it in a favorable light - so it' not just a software achievement. The hardware is becoming a monster now.

• Like 1

Mike Beckwith

28 minutes ago, Highmike said:

It's the sort of milestone which makes you look back at where it all started from and glory in the vision on how far we've come. When FSX was released back in '06 I felt the same way, but v4.4 is way better than that.

It helps to have a high end rig to show it in a favorable light - so it' not just a software achievement. The hardware is becoming a monster now.

I have to vehemently disagree, Highmike.  I use and enjoy P3D V4.4 very much; however, the gap between FSX and P3D isn’t as wide as some profess.  To illustrate this notion, I invite you to look up Flight Simulator 4.0 and compare it to Flight Simulator 2004.  The timeline between these simulators is similar to FSX and P3D 4.4.  Concerning the former, the evolution is stark; we can’t say the same about the latter.  IMO, the evolution between simulator versions is painfully slow, especially when comparing to Flight Sims history.  To that end, I scuff when I read that ‘we’re in the golden age of flight simulating.’ In point of fact, we haven't come all that far...

• Like 1

Matt King

Say it as it is:

P3D 4.4 is only so good, as FSX had to be in 2006 when it comes out.

Or say it in Churchills way: P3D is a bad Simulator, but one of the best we got.😎

Edited by sal9000

Stephan from Germany

My System

Xplane 11... the best ever!  😉

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

7 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Xplane 11... the best ever!  😉

😂

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Someone Xplaner always seems to pop in and tell us that we're all dummies... I just wanted to be first at SOMETHING!  LOL!

• Like 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'm always ready for the fight ... P3D vs XP11🤺💪

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |