Sign in to follow this  
sddjd

FTG Closes Doors

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Might be interesting if the site wasn't password protected.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

2 hours ago, jmdriskell said:

Might be interesting if the site wasn't password protected.

"Fellow tigers,

I've come to the hard decision to shut down FTG. As many of you know we have been in a slow death spiral for quite some time. In short I prefer to shut it down now than just watch this die slowly. Apparently what we offer is pretty garbage compared to what else is out there so continuing this effort is dumb.

With all your guys help we tried to keep this alive but alas here we are. Thanks a lot Flightstats.

I want to thank everyone for all the years, time and effort to keep this up and running. To all of our managers you guys are awesome.

I can imagine many may be shocked by this announcement, but better to shut down that watch this swirl down the toilet.

All the sites will be gone in a few days, the domain will expire on the 24th. I will keep the forum on for another month.

I want to make the database available somehow so you have access to your flights and schedules if anyone is interested.

We had a good run and it was fun. Blue skies and take care tigers!"

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

http://flyingtigersgroup.org/news/

Kinda sad.  One of the first VA's I joined a long time ago.  See the airline sites are already down...that went quick. 

Edited by jlohrenz

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Can anyone assist? Please see note from FTG Management

" Guys,

Like Eric has already stated elsewhere money was not the issue.

We have zero developers and zero people interested in developing, or have the time to devote to FTG.

We paid for developers in the past, problem is they still require our time and guidance to get things done, and to find developers who know and understand aviation/FS is even more difficult.

The only way FTG will rebuild is if we have a dedicated and talented team of developers/web designers who have the time to modernize and rebuild all our systems and sites.

Cheers"

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower