Sign in to follow this  
qqwertz

Pizza for US ATC

I'm in Crop mgt and programs. Been getting alot of promises with up coming planting season just around the corner. Ive bee furloughed for 2wks. Helping a neighbor with his Hog operation of which he cant sell any at a profit because of Tarriffs! "Bout all I got to say about that"

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Helping a neighbor with his Hog operation of which he cant sell any at a profit because of Tarriffs! "Bout all I got to say about that"

Roger that.

I could talk about the sharp slowdown in my own business (the business community hates uncertainty) but no sense in going in that direction.

My wife's been on furlough since 12/27 and we're getting a lot of stuff down around the house.  Low-cost stuff, I should add.

Grateful for freeware! 

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:30 AM, ryanbatcund said:

Federal employees will get back pay (I'm ATC) whether they're furloughed or working without pay (me) but that doesn't help with the bills NOW....

I was at a demonstration last week at the Federal Courthouse here in Hammond, IN. A middle-aged counter protester screamed in my face that because "Taxes are theft!" She's happy with the shutdown since "Federal employees don't do anything anyway..."

I just asked her quitely and politely "Why do you hate the Coast Guard, air traffic controllers, Customs and Border Patrol, ICE, FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, TSA, Secret Service, State Department, and thousands of others who act daily to protect your life?"

Just an embarrassing blush was her response. She had no words. :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Clean water and safe food. "Forgive them Father, for they no not what they do."

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 2

Alan thank your wife for her civil service from me and thanks Adrian as well!  We have USDA guys that work on the field for wildlife patrol all the time

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

@Ryan - I’ll definitely pass that along. Means a lot. Our thanks to you, and our best to your family. Hang in!

@Adrian - thanks! Wishing our best to you and yours - and a swift end to this disaster. 

Edited by Alan_A

3 weeks I guess...  Hopefully we'll be done for good after that!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well, color me (not) surprised! Just a few short hours of delayed arrivals/departures managed to scare the folks into taking some action finally.

Maybe it was the image of the 5,000+ aircraft in US/Canadian airspace that brought home the side-effects of this insane shutdown of the government.

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

15 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

3 weeks I guess...  Hopefully we'll be done for good after that!

I'm a small business owner and employer in America, and it is absolutely shameful what has been done to you and so many other Federal employees who are designated as "Essential" (not to mention those furloughed without pay and health insurance).  If any other American employer were to ever force their employees to work without pay that same Federal government would come down on them like a ton of bricks!  Fines, sanctions, even criminal probes and prosecutions.  Last week I emailed both of my U.S. Senators and Congressman to do something about the "Essential" employees getting paid when the politicians decide to plays games using those folks pawns.  That's not much, but it's the best any American can do.

As far as 3 weeks from now... If I were in your position I'd save all the coins I could!  Sad, really!

Good luck and thanks for being there!

Greg

• Like 3

Thanks Greg that actually means a lot!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Congratulations, guys - good outcome today.  

So far, so good.

Forced to work without pay.

I will have to read my history again.  I had thought slavery was abolished in the USA.

• Like 1

Harry Woodrow

So did I.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I'm sorry if I missed the memo....but....shouldn't these controllers save up for times like this???? My wife and I did....

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda