Sign in to follow this  
qqwertz

Pizza for US ATC

USA still on shutdown.. so all ATC staff is still not being paid..

You can tell the world is going up side down, these people have one of the highest responsibilities in the world.. and yet.. no pay..

• Like 1

What will happen when all of the ATC, tower staff, TSA, CPB and Coast Guard start having to quit en masse to seek other employment?

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Then we will realize how important Government is. Watch Family Guy! Or, is a plot to Privatize everything.........Fry Thinking. 😉

• Like 1

We would love if you would write to your congressmen/women!  Still working without pay about to miss paycheck number two!!!

Beyond insane....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

11 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

We would love if you would write to your congressmen/women!  Still working without pay about to miss paycheck number two!!!

Beyond insane....

I have been told they don't get back pay either - so missed payment will not be sent later-, is this true?

Totally insane.

Regards,
S.

Federal employees will get back pay (I'm ATC) whether they're furloughed or working without pay (me) but that doesn't help with the bills NOW....

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

52 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Federal employees will get back pay (I'm ATC) whether they're furloughed or working without pay (me) but that doesn't help with the bills NOW....

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for clarifying, I hope this get sorted soon.. what an utterly nonsense.

S.

I thought I heard it was going to be federal contractors that might not get any back pay.  Actual Federal Employees had better darn well get it!:wacko:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

All due to a bullies temper tantrum. 

• Like 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 1/22/2019 at 9:35 PM, ryanbatcund said:

Beyond insane....

Working on it.  Committed member of Indivisible here and spent yesterday working the phones.  My wife's a federal employee so we're without a big chunk of our household income.  We get you, and we've got your back.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Adrian123 said:

USDA here Alan.

Glad to meet you.  I've got a simmer friend who's a USDA consultant, and a friend's new husband who's on staff.  He's considered essential (does plant inspections) - which means that he and his supervisor spend unpaid days in the office fielding calls from panicked farmers who aren't getting their subsidies processed.

My wife's at the SEC (attorney in the enforcement division) and has a major investor fraud investigation currently on hold.

Had dinner last night with a friend from HUD and they're about 95 percent shut down.

Fun for all!