Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

Stuck in a hand off loop

I validated and file my flight plan. (accepted)

I filed it with voice for IRF clearenace (accepted)

Request to Taxi told me first contact ground (accepted)

Called ground and requested taxi and approved. Taxi path marked blue on moving map to runway (accepted)

Followed the path and reached short hold and requested "ready for departure"

Ground told me to call tower

Called tower and asked "ready for departure"

Tower told me to call ground for taxi

Called ground and asked ready for departure

Ground tells me to call tower.

I can't get out of this loop.

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

This is usually happening to me when I'm holding at the wrong holding point. I know you said that you followed the line on the moving map, but double check that there are no other taxiway next to tho one you are. Sometimes, the zoom level on the map does not allow to precisely know where we stand...

Fabrice Lambert

This is the problem when the hold point isn't where the aircraft is located.  This is particularly true when the taxi path uses the run-up area at the end of the runway.

There are two ways to resolve move the plane forward until you reach the hold point or end of taxi route.  The other is the use taximnt to add the missing hold points.  See the manual on using taximnt. It really isn't that bad to use.  Don't worry about how ugly the route is just add the hold points.   Don't forget after you add the points and saved, you must restart p2a to read the updated database which is only read at startup.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:30 AM, JeB1952 said:

This is the problem when the hold point isn't where the aircraft is located.  This is particularly true when the taxi path uses the run-up area at the end of the runway.

There are two ways to resolve move the plane forward until you reach the hold point or end of taxi route.  The other is the use taximnt to add the missing hold points.  See the manual on using taximnt. It really isn't that bad to use.  Don't worry about how ugly the route is just add the hold points.   Don't forget after you add the points and saved, you must restart p2a to read the updated database which is only read at startup.

This is exactly what it  is.  I also didn't know I had to restart p2a. @Dave-Pilot2ATC please increase the radius of "hold point" check.  Finally I would love P2A at the time of filling the flight to give an option either "import Taxi/Gate" of both source and destination airport.  

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

Well I haven't been contacted by Tower and had my hands slapped for entering the runway.  It is the runup area and planes are not supposed to land there.

Besides if you also have World Traffic 3 then you are probably used to seeing aircraft parked there even when you are landing.