Has anyone actually got their hands on a working model of the Honeycomb Yoke or Throttle?  It looks like it would be a great Yoke and I am sure there are a lot of people waiting for it.  But it is starting to look like just air ware.

I had a Christmas hint in to my family in November 2017.....  When it was slated for a 2018 Q1 release. Just saying....  Wonder at this time if tariffs have become an influence?  Oh, but that would not affect worldwide distribution.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For those interested Honeycomb have released a video showing how the clamping system works.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Does the throttle quadrant come with all the different commercial and GA throttle options shown for the single advertised price, or are there additional costs for adding additional options?

Thx,

Al

2 minutes ago, ark said:

Does the throttle quadrant come with all the different commercial and GA throttle options shown for the single advertised price, or are there additional costs for adding additional options?

Thx,

Al

Who knows. I’ve never seen it at the shows I’ve been to. It exists on their website only. At a guess I would say it does.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My 2019 Christmas gift already selected. Maybe by then they'll have the production line on full throttle.

Vic green

16 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

My 2019 Christmas gift already selected. Maybe by then they'll have the production line on full throttle.

Based on current performance, I wouldn't hold your breath!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the updates. Since you have seen the yoke at shows, what is the cord from the yoke to the base for? Seems strange not to have it routed inside the yoke to the base. Did you try the yoke? Does the cord get in the way?

I appreciate your replies,

Jeff

10 minutes ago, Camsdad13 said:

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the updates. Since you have seen the yoke at shows, what is the cord from the yoke to the base for? Seems strange not to have it routed inside the yoke to the base. Did you try the yoke? Does the cord get in the way?

I appreciate your replies,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

It looks like it carries the cabling for switches etc. instead of it going through the shaft. Looks a little odd and detracts from its looks I feel.

I did try it but such was the force needed in the elevator axis it needed someone else to hold the yoke down. It wasn't clamped to the desk at all. Before anyone considers ordering it I would check how much of that stiffness has been reduced. As it stands it takes far too much effort to move the axis forwards and backwards.

The cord doesn't appear to get in the way but my test wasn't that thorough. Hopefully Honeycomb will release more videos.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So here we are 2 years on..... and what are we looking at ?

..... a yoke that costs the same as the Saitek, but where most of the cost seems to have gone into the clamping mechanism ! (A mechanism that many will not need, as they hard mount their controls anyway !)

OMG. What a waste of time.

They have ignored the enormous niche between the cheapo, potentiometer-based plastic rubbish most of us use, in the 100 to 150 GBP range... and the full-metal jacket, metal bearing, hall sensor stuff, at 500 or so.

What a missed opportunity.

I for one will not be buying this stuff, at least not before my current stuff wears out completely. There is no way at 125 GBP retail (incl sales tax), these will be any better than Saitek. Hall sensors ? No chance. Metal inards ? No chance ?

And, given Logitech can afford to, it wouldn't surprise me if they just lower the prices on their range, and still sell more.

Unbelievable. What a wasted opportunity.

Edited by Gabe777

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:09 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Jeff,

It looks like it carries the cabling for switches etc. instead of it going through the shaft. Looks a little odd and detracts from its looks I feel.

I did try it but such was the force needed in the elevator axis it needed someone else to hold the yoke down. It wasn't clamped to the desk at all. Before anyone considers ordering it I would check how much of that stiffness has been reduced. As it stands it takes far too much effort to move the axis forwards and backwards.

The cord doesn't appear to get in the way but my test wasn't that thorough. Hopefully Honeycomb will release more videos.

Thank you for your input as always Ray.

Sorry for missing this topic, but I have managed to get a Honeycomb Flight Sim yoke, and I have to say I'm very impressed.

Mind you I placed my order back on the 16th August 2019, and I had to wait till the 15th October to pick it up (a 2 month wait).

The Honeycomb yoke blows both the Saitek and CH yokes out of the water, it's smooth, precise and responsive  has a nice heavy jet feel to it, and it comes with an excellent mounting plate and clamp which keeps the yoke securely placed on any desk you may place it on.