Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

xAmbience?

Great review Tony. I will hold off until the next update.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

2 hours ago, Celis said:

I did had fps hit, from 60 to 30 going down to 20s. Even with all sliders at 0%.  (GTX 1080Ti)

xVision is more powerful working with shaders.

maybe with 3d puddles, 3d snow, 3d snow on aircraf mentioned for next update will be better. 

Of course they need to fix the frame issue.

I just found your video on youtube (without knowing you were a forum member...I just spotted you use the same icon and name here😎). Thanks for uploading. I must admit I am quite disappointed by the ground textures that replace the default. They look pretty muddy and remind me of blurry FSX default textures. I will hold off and see how it develops and what Xenviro brings but in its current state the ground textures look wrong (maybe also too bright and watercolourish).

15 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

I just found your video on youtube (without knowing you were a forum member...I just spotted you use the same icon and name here😎). Thanks for uploading. I must admit I am quite disappointed by the ground textures that replace the default. They look pretty muddy and remind me of blurry FSX default textures. I will hold off and see how it develops and what Xenviro brings but in its current state the ground textures look wrong (maybe also too bright and watercolourish).

Yes, but I had xVision shaders enable on that video. I need to disable xVision and test xAmbience again. I installed the plugin 5 minutes before the group flight and learning about it. not that much documentation or videos around. still is good to know the UI.

20 minutes ago, Celis said:

Yes, but I had xVision shaders enable on that video. I need to disable xVision and test xAmbience again. I installed the plugin 5 minutes before the group flight and learning about it. not that much documentation or videos around. still is good to know the UI.

Ah okay. Fair enough. If you get a chance to upload another video, it would be much appreciated.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY7mvZ27RX8

Edited by jt8d9a

On 1/15/2019 at 2:16 AM, tonywob said:

Well I ate my own words and bought it out of curiosity, but it didn't last long on my machine. I had major problems with it, including the clouds being dark coloured (Like back in the early XP10 dais) and very strange sickly blue coloured water. The other major gripe I had was the "0 performance impact" statement wasn't true, I lost quite a lot of performance on the default settings (nearly 15fps in some places)

Seasons are implemented as a 6GB texture pack and do not work with orthos like xEnviro does. However, they are planning to do so in future releases. The seasonal changes suffer the same problem as TerraMaxx and force a reload of the scenery. I don't think this is their fault and just a limitation with X-Plane at the moment

My results, I put this down to my machine setup since I've seen screenshots of others using it and they look much better than my system, so I guess something messed up or I have a conflict somewhere. I'm keeping it around but disabled just to see how they progress with the seasonal part. I'm using Mac OS X, and I've not see anyone else posting results from Mac OS yet, so maybe this was my problem.

If anyone has UWXP then it's pretty similar. There is a UI to adjust various texture sets and cloud sizes, and some post processing effects. For me, my combination of UWXP/Xvision still looks much better. Where this one will win for me is if they manage to get the seasons working correctly like xEnviro is trying, since it works with any weather engine.

I have to agree. I bought it, and had MASSIVE performance hits. I made some adjustments to the settings, and it improved some. The Seasons feature isn't working for me, but it is at least compatible with Active Sky.

Here's hoping they make some real fixes in the updates, otherwise, I'll be deleting completely.

Just my two cents...the program is brand new and needs two things....some work (and patience) on our end and inevitable updates from the developer(which is coming soon)...I have worked with the program all week and getting closer to seeing great results....again just my opinion.

I've been following the subject so wake me up when that occurs. Seems so many Xplane addons never get fully developed so I shall be patient.

• Like 1

Personally, I am going to hold off on this until more progress is made. Check out the Threshold forums to see the lastest from the Xenviro 1.10 beta screenshots. Hopefully it will be released soon (although I am not holding my breath).