Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Side addons affinity not working

Trying to free Core Zero as much as possible for P3D itself, was able to take ChasePlane out of Core Zero, but not ActiveSky nor SkyForce. The batch file command line is identical for all three of them. What is going on?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

20 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

The batch file command line is identical for all three of them.

Could you paste the command line of each app here?

Thanks,

Greg

start /b "ActiveSky" /affinity 3E "c:\blablabla\AS_P3Dv4.exe"

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

12 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

start /b "ActiveSky" /affinity 3E "c:\blablabla\AS_P3Dv4.exe"

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "Active Sky" /affinity C0 "C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\AS_P3Dv4\AS_P3Dv4.exe"

works for me ...

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "Active Sky" /affinity C0 "C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\AS_P3Dv4\AS_P3Dv4.exe"

works for me ...

This is the method I started with, but no success either for me.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

1 minute ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

This is the method I started with, but no success either for me.

Thanks!

Do you start the app as administrator?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I think I have solved the thing. Starting the two programs as Admin apparently made it work. As to ChasePlane maybe it was already set that way, I'm not sure.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Just confirmed ChasePlane was NOT set as Admin, despite the affinity setting worked right on first attempt. No idea what made it work!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

If someone is interested ...

I've written a batch for the UTL client. It can be run after P3D has started. It first stops the UTL client and then re-starts with affinity mask active ...

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

Just now, Nemo said:

If someone is interested ...

I've written a batch for the UTL client. It can be run after P3D has started. It first stops the UTL client and then re-starts withAffininity mask active ...

I'd be instrested.

I'm still inexperienced in the cores3-4-5-6 hex value for my 6-core, but I assume I can go to the Gatwick site and get it.  i.e. C0 is probably not for me.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 minutes ago, Mace said:

I'd be instrested.

I'm still inexperienced in the cores3-4-5-6 hex value for my 6-core, but I assume I can go to the Gatwick site and get it.  i.e. C0 is probably not for me.

https://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html

code:

@ECHO OFF
echo.
echo.
echo STEP 1: closing client . . .
echo.
TASKKILL /F /IM utl_client.exe
echo.
echo.
echo STEP 2: Starting Client with AffinityMask . . .
start "" /affinity C0 "E:\P3Dv4_ADDONS\V4_TRAFFIC\UTL\utl_client.exe"
echo.
echo SUCCESS: client restarted - will be active in approx. 15 seconds
echo.
echo.
Pause

• Like 1

- Harry 

Thanks.  I believe my hex val is simply "F", which is 001111, that should get UTL onto cores 3-4-5-6.

Rhett

8 minutes ago, Mace said:

Thanks.  I believe my hex val is simply "F", which is 001111, that should get UTL onto cores 3-4-5-6.

No, this will use cores 0,1,2,3. You have to read the bin value from right to left

You need to use hex 3C

Edited by willy647
  • Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Ah yes, 3C -- right to left -- thank you.

Rhett

13 minutes ago, Mace said:

No, The binary/AM works from right (core 0) to left. Core Numbering starts with core 0. In your case (6 cores) it must be Core 0, Core 1, .... Core 5.

Binary for the use of  core 2, core 3 core 4  core 5 corresponds to 111100 which corresponds to hexadecimal: 3C

Edited by Nemo

- Harry