Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

City Scene Orlando (ORBX) Released !

Just installed the newest release from Orbx.  Outstanding improvement to default scenery.  With all the recent discussions about T2G KMCO problems, I was excited to check out the default KMCO airport with an ORBX simple upgrade.   Gotta say it really looks good and  now I'm glad I did not purchase the T2G edition.  For my purposes the ORBX version of KMCO is more than adequate. I give this purchase a HUGE THUMBS UP !👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what the Orbx rendition of the Airport looks like?

• Upvote 1

Yeah man, show us some KMCO pics! Terminal and gates please. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I’d also be very interested in seeing your screen shots of the terminal and gates . I’ve just installed it and all I saw was a default block terminal building with no jetways so I wasn’t overly impressed,but judging by your positive reaction I think I might have done something wrong.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Whilst KMCO and KORL aren't as heavily detailed as a commercial airport add-on, they are included in order to provide the full Orlando experience without compromising performance and provide much more detail over the default airports.

From Orbx website

Edited by Manny Ortiz

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Yeah man, show us some KMCO pics! Terminal and gates please. 

2019-1-14_8-6-21-7012019-1-14_8-11-57-732019-1-14_8-8-55-5932019-1-14_8-8-7-461

2019-1-14_8-2-32-437

NOTE:  I also use REX worldwide Airports and GSX 2  for jetways.

Edited by vcarlo
added note

WAT1460.png

2 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Just installed the newest release from Orbx.  Outstanding improvement to default scenery.  With all the recent discussions about T2G KMCO problems, I was excited to check out the default KMCO airport with an ORBX simple upgrade.   Gotta say it really looks good and  now I'm glad I did not purchase the T2G edition.  For my purposes the ORBX version of KMCO is more than adequate. I give this purchase a HUGE THUMBS UP !👍

Could you pls comment on your FPS with your normal P3D settings?. Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, Seven87 said:

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what the Orbx rendition of the Airport looks like?

Gate 85 please. I'll tell you if it looks like KMCO 

14ppkc-6.png

What does it look like with taxigate KMCO? 

Thanks a million 

14ppkc-6.png

16 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Could you pls comment on your FPS with your normal P3D settings?. Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

I run FPS locked at 30, with settings that allow me to maintain those 30 FPS.  The ORBX City Scene Orlando has no effect on my locked 30 FPS. 😎

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

I saw a many pics of ORBX Orlando City, but none were of the updated KMCO afcad. Now I know why.

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

35 minutes ago, tooting said:

Gate 85 please. I'll tell you if it looks like KMCO 

I’m a regular user of gate 85 and checked that out already, it’s just a default building, for some reason im not getting any jetways either.

Just for the record I’ve been following this on the orbx forum and was fully aware there wouldn’t be a commercial level airport included , and for the price I wouldn’t expect one,so not complaining at all, the CityScene is great,

However with this and the amount of other threads about T2G KMCO and trying to get it working in V4 I’d say there was a big demand for a decent KMCO for P3D.... please , please,Orbx😉

As I’ve said elsewhere if you also use X-plane the nimbus KMCO is absolutely outstanding.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, Guevorkyan said:

Ok, it's an AFCAD then.

Lol, yes, an updated ADE with the photoreal background.....as advertised!

Edited by GHarrall