Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

City Scene Orlando (ORBX) Released !

Hi Dan-

I'm confirming that you have no problems with T2Gate KMCO in ORBX Cityscape?

I bought KMCO a while back but it got lost in all the P3D point releases. Might try this combo out.

Some links for taxi2gate mco I know i would love to combine with orbx orlando there are some issues with the scenery still looks great after all these years hope the developers update it.

Edited by Silverbird

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Love the scenery.  But WOW....the loading time for KMCO was outrageously long.  I'm hoping after the initial load, it might get faster, but I can honestly say I've never experienced loading times as long as this addon.

Hopefully, in time, ORBX will upgrade the airport in Orlando.  That would be welcome, indeed.  The airport ( I know, it's not about the airport!), is truly anemic and surely doesn't seem busy.

Stan

Just now, spilok said:

Love the scenery.  But WOW....the loading time for KMCO was outrageously long.  I'm hoping after the initial load, it might get faster, but I can honestly say I've never experienced loading times as long as this addon.

Hopefully, in time, ORBX will upgrade the airport in Orlando.  That would be welcome, indeed.  The airport ( I know, it's not about the airport!), is truly anemic and surely doesn't seem busy.

Stan

are you using an SSD? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Reports of long load times over on their forum. Fix is to disable Orbx Libraries in the scenery library, but still 2-5 minute loading times with SSD.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Yes.  1 Terabyte SSD.

About 8 minutes when putting in Orlando airport (KMCO).  ORBX admits it's a problem.

AND this is my system:

Operating System:    Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit)
Chassis:                   NZXT S340 Elite Mid-Tower, Black
Motherboard:            Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5, LGA 1151
Processor:                 Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock) Six Core
CPU Cooling:            Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Liquid Cooling
System Memory:       32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz
Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, PCI Express 3.0
System Power:          850 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply
Sound Card:             7.1 High Definition Integrated Audio
Primary Drive:           1TB Samsung EVO 860 Solid State Drive (SSD)
Secondary Drive:      2TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical Hard Drive
Optical Drive:             20x DVD/CD Burner Drive (USB)

Networking:                Wired High-Speed + 802.11ac (WiFi) Wireless Ready

Stan

These city sceneries are nice and all, but P3D is being stretched to the limits with these ridiculous load times. It doesn't matter what rig you have, and god help you if you're still running platter drives. I called it quits with these city sceneries after Barcelona. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 hour ago, SolRayz said:

P3D is being stretched to the limits

I have come, reluctantly, to agree. I think this desire to simulate scenery is pushing us beyond our limits for most people. I just no longer buy these kinds of products, my focus is simulating the flight.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

T2G KMCO works fine in V4, just most of the runway lights are really dim at night, but it was the same in V3.  I just use it only during the day.  Even the PR blends fine with OPLCNA.

Alan

Interesting reading this thread and the author's hypothesis to why this occuring over on the ORBX support forums.  This would have likely been an instant purchase had I not been at work today.  Now it gives me pause.  The author's explaination also makes me wonder if and how Flytampa's upcoming Vegas will overcome this issue with so many high quality custom buildings.  That is personally one of my most anticipated releases.

I wish ORBX would get back to their "Global" series development (OLC, etc) not these patches here and there.

Edited by Peter Webber
  • Upvote 8

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

EXP=10 was a time eater for me at Barcelona cityscape (including memory issue). Maybe the same at Orlando? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

16 hours ago, stook2005 said:

In the same area, What was your FPS without the Orlando city  addon?

Disabling the ORBX Orlando scenery brings me back up to 60 fps.  Like I said I can stay on 60 fps in almost every scenario I run, including other ORBX sceneries.  This add-on is just too much for my system I guess.  It's a shame cause it's very beautiful.

12 hours ago, spilok said:

ORBX admits it's a problem.

Shame they didnt list it as a feature prior to release..... a bit shady in my opinion (unless its a problem they didnt experience in their testing).

• Like 1

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

The dev did state in a post that loading times were a bit on the high side, but he did so after some customers complained about loading times. Maybe he thought that this was something we wouldn't notice. 😀 This should be a reminder for all of us to start demanding that developers/sellers offer customers a refund if we not fully satisfied with the purchase.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.