Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

City Scene Orlando (ORBX) Released !

I will only buy this scenery when I also can get a hq airport which fits to the scenery. A modified airport file with PR background does not meet my standards. But admitted, the city scenery looks awesome.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Wow - not so much as a "lite" version of the airport, rather a "[something else]-ite" version. Shame. Been watching this since it was announced but will now "unwatch" unless Orbx come back with a proper rendition of KMCO.

Anyway, onwards.....

Edited by Jetset408
  • Like 1

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

I agree with much of the sentiment here, there is not much motivation for me to buy a city scenery when there is not even 1 quality airport available in the area. I can appreciate that MCO is a big airport to do to payware quality and include in a package selling at the reasonable price point they have chosen, but they could have done another smaller airport, Sanford would have been great, for example. Without such an airport I have pretty much lost interest in this release.

• Like 2

Dan Scott

9 minutes ago, Jetset408 said:

Wow - not so much as a "lite" version, rather a "[something else]-ite" version. Shame. Been watching this since it was announced but will now "unwatch" unless Orbx come back with a proper rendition of KMCO.

Anyway, onwards.....

I'm not sure why the disappointed folks expected a new KMCO from ORBX  and  the city of Orlando (beautifully done I might add) for $17 (US).  Large airports ALONE from any decent developer costs well over $20.  For this price point, I feel the scenery is excellent 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

WAT1460.png

12 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I saw a many pics of ORBX Orlando City, but none were of the updated KMCO afcad. Now I know why.

It´s most probably the same case that with TrueEarth Netherlands. I bought it TE Netherlands for AFS2 and the included airports were so bad that I´ve never used that scenery again. I don´t even bought it for P3D.

IMHO the included airports in this type of products should be substantially better than the defaults, surely not as detailed as a stand-alone airport, but in all case, a lot better than the current offering.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

8 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

I'm not sure why the disappointed folks expected a new KMCO from ORBX  and  the city of Orlando (beautifully done I might add)

Not an expectation - more an observation that it seems strange to cover an area such as Orlando when there is not a properly compatible airport scenery that complements it. Obviously Orbx's decision, but i just pointed my own personal rationale for no longer being interested in this project (in the hope that if enough others do, perhaps Orbx will invest in doing their own KMCO or will at least apply pressure on T2G to get theirs properly updated and in gear).

Even covering Cape Canaveral would have given us an airport to operate out of (and would have been fun to pretend to be a Space Shuttle pilot.... in a Cessna....)

The Orlando city scenes do indeed look very good though. I wish Nice would hurry up (for which I have a good payware version of LFMN ready and waiting).

Edited by Jetset408
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

9 minutes ago, Jetset408 said:

Not an expectation - more an observation that it seems strange to cover an area such as Orlando when there is not a properly compatable airport scenery that suits its. Obviosuly Orbx's decision, but i just pointed my own personal rationale for no longer being interested in this project (in the hope that if enough others do, perhaps Orbx will invest in doing their own KMCO or will at least apply pressue on T2G to get their properly updated an in gear).

The city scenes do indeed lok very good.

Fair enough... I feel this project was targeting the GA crowd to give them something new to explore on the East Coast of US.  Unfortunately with MCO being a MAJOR airport destination, the airliner guys were hoping for a  nicely upgraded Class C for a small price and that didn't happen.  If T2G can update KMCO they should reap big rewards because of the renewed interest in this area.  I had not purchased their product because of the reviews, however I would definitely purchase any well done developer's rendition of KMCO and/or KORL 😊

Edited by vcarlo
  • Like 1

WAT1460.png

I had to disable the residential buildings, the performance and loading times were AWFUL with it enabled.

• Like 1

Hmm its along time ago since we heard from Taxi2gate. Anyone know why..?

I have KMCO installed but admit i never used it. Maybe its possible with ORBX? Hopefully they will update it to p3dv4 standards soon. 

Apropro GSXL2. Is it possible to share a setup for a specific payware /default airport? I am not a tech Guy here and would love to have your work installed. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Greg073 said:

I had to disable the residential buildings, the performance and loading times were AWFUL with it enabled.

I'm seeing this too, longest loading time I can ever recall and stutters galore. As yet I've not tried disabling anything. Scenery looks great though...lol. 

Thanks,

• Like 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

19 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

Well, this is concerning, especially with an 8700K and 1080Ti. I wonder if ORBX is starting to push the envelope too far.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

Yeah I know my 6700k and GTX 1070 aren't top of the line, but I'm able to rock a solid 60 fps in almost every scenario with the settings I have.  Orlando: 25-45 fps, ridiculous stuttering.  Not good.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Greg073 said:

Yeah I know my 6700k and GTX 1070 aren't top of the line, but I'm able to rock a solid 60 fps in almost every scenario with the settings I have.  Orlando: 25-45 fps, ridiculous stuttering.  Not good.

In the same area, What was your FPS without the Orlando city  addon?

Disabling the airports (MCO/ORL) did nothing, but unchecking "Residential Buildings, Night Lighting Objects, and Rooftop Detail" did. Normal load times and performance is good now. Doing some turns around a point using LMs HQ as the point... 😊 

Thanks!

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I'm surprised at the performance comments.  I've not seen any degradation of performance with all features enabled except its KMCO (I use T2G KMCO without issues).  The area surrounding the T2G blends okay with the Orbx Cityscape (one is greener than the other but it's not important to me) and the Cityscape is awesome.

UPDATE:  I spoke too soon.  Above was a quick test and look around with the Beech Baron.  Just finished a PMDG B748 session landing KMCO and it was horrible.  Arriving on the coast the terrain was blurry and I had to reload textures in pause to fix that, then turning downwind in the B748 for landing 36L it went down the tubes with frame rates > 1 fps and PMDG A/P unable to control aircraft.  I managed to get to the heavy gate (Airside 4 Gate 92) but it wasn't pretty.  This scenery needs revisiting.  LOL it reminded me of trying to land a Lear Jet in MSFS circa 1989... really bad.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP