Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Which gate is which?

Hi everyone. 

I was wondering if there was a tool out there that can show you what an airport looks like from above, and where each gate is where... 

I have bought Gatwick Airport (EGKK), and its great, but there's a great part of the airport that I know the gate numbers. I've gone through loads of gate numbers to place my aircraft and it's never there. It's almost like that part of the airport has gates you aren't able to use. 

Anyone who knows something for my files to show me what the airport is programed like. 

Thanks, Gaz 

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

as payware there's aivlasoft EFB 2, seems to work nice. You then can get charts from navigraph as well if you want.

• Like 1

Little NavMap will show a bird's eye view of the airport with gate types and aircraft codes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That's great - I'll take a look at those! 

Thanks

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Gary,

You already have the capability with your Pro-ATC/X program...use the feature called "Moving Map".

Regards, Rob

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

aivlasoft EFB 2,

Great add-on, I use it, but I can never tell where the cargo ramps are, or which Gate is Medium/Heavy, etc

53 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Little NavMap will show a bird's eye view of the airport with gate types and aircraft codes.

Jay, I downloaded and installed Little Nav Map, it looks like an extremely powerful tool with a bewildering array of features... 

How do I bring up the birds eye view for a given airport so I can see the gate types etc..?? Does it also give you the gate numbers...??

Thanks in advance...🙂

34 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

How do I bring up the birds eye view for a given airport so I can see the gate types etc..?? Does it also give you the gate numbers...??

Hope Jay won't mind me answering on his behalf... just zoom in on the map view and as you get closer to the airport you will start to see the gate layouts.  And yes, you see the gate numbers.

Edited by dmiannay
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

17 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Hope Jay won't mind me answering on his behalf... just zoom in on the map view and as you get closer to the airport you will start to see the gate layouts.  And yes, you see the gate numbers.

Thanks Doug, much appreciated...🙂

2 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Jay, I downloaded and installed Little Nav Map, it looks like an extremely powerful tool with a bewildering array of features... 

Thanks in advance...🙂

Open Little Navmap. First it's important to load your scenery library into LNM. Incidentally, this is what I love about LNM, personally: whatever info you see in LNM, that's what you have in your sim. Using Navigraph charts always bugged me a little because the charts and the scenery are not necessarily the same. E.g., scenery may be outdated or simply incorrect! So, load your scenery database first. Once this process is complete, you can use the moving map in LNM to go to Gatwick, and it will display your scenery and show you essentially your active AFCAD at Gatwick, including gate numbers and what type of parking it is (gate, parking, cargo ramp etc).

But you're quite right, the information and options in LNM is starlingly robust. I use it for every flight, and even use it on its own sometimes to investigate the AFCADs of my addon airports. It really is a terrific piece of software!

EDIT: Heh, will just noticed Doug gave the answer like an hour ago :P

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

Open Little Navmap. First it's important to load your scenery library into LNM. Incidentally, this is what I love about LNM, personally: whatever info you see in LNM, that's what you have in your sim. Using Navigraph charts always bugged me a little because the charts and the scenery are not necessarily the same. E.g., scenery may be outdated or simply incorrect! So, load your scenery database first. Once this process is complete, you can use the moving map in LNM to go to Gatwick, and it will display your scenery and show you essentially your active AFCAD at Gatwick, including gate numbers and what type of parking it is (gate, parking, cargo ramp etc).

But you're quite right, the information and options in LNM is starlingly robust. I use it for every flight, and even use it on its own sometimes to investigate the AFCADs of my addon airports. It really is a terrific piece of software!

EDIT: Heh, will just noticed Doug gave the answer like an hour ago 😛

Thanks for the info Benjamin, very much appreciated...🙂

When I zoom in to the airport in LNM, I have a large white overlay showing the runways that covers most of the taxiways and some of the terminal and ramp. Can I turn this off somehow?

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

29 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

When I zoom in to the airport in LNM, I have a large white overlay showing the runways that covers most of the taxiways and some of the terminal and ramp. Can I turn this off somehow?

What airport are you looking at?

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

At the moment, KIAD (Flightbeam) and KBOS (FlyTampa). The default KDCA has them (the white runway backgrounds) covering most of the airport. I don't see gate numbers on any of them regardless of how far I zoom in.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

At the moment, KIAD (Flightbeam) and KBOS (FlyTampa). The default KDCA has them (the white runway backgrounds) covering most of the airport. I don't see gate numbers on any of them regardless of how far I zoom in.

Try this.  Go to Tools --> Options --> Map Display --> Airports Section (near top) and un-check "Diagram Boundary".  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Doug Miannay