Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Which gate is which?

1 hour ago, dmiannay said:

Try this.  Go to Tools --> Options --> Map Display --> Airports Section (near top) and un-check "Diagram Boundary".  Hope this helps.

Thank you very much. It worked! I was all over that options page. I was looking for something pertinent to runways.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

When I fly I have FSmovmap2 on my tablet, you get Satelite, Map or Terrain options, it also shows AI traffic, you can click on a plane and it will tell you the info. It will load your flight plan and waypoints and follow your flight. Really recommend it.

At the airport, you can zoom in and see the airport positions and gate numbers, taxiways etc. as they appear in real life. As it is on my tablet and you just use a bridge from your PC, there is no noticeable drop in performance.

You can download it from the playstore, not sure if available on IOS.

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

23 hours ago, vc10man said:

Great add-on, I use it, but I can never tell where the cargo ramps are, or which Gate is Medium/Heavy, etc

Hi Rick,

I'm reasonably sure cargo ramps are a different colour. The size of the circle reflects the gate size.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Rick,

I'm reasonably sure cargo ramps are a different colour. The size of the circle reflects the gate size.

Will check that out, thanks, Ray. Just using EFBv2 now, as it happens, at UK2000's Glasgow.

5 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Will check that out, thanks, Ray. Just using EFBv2 now, as it happens, at UK2000's Glasgow.

BBC News channel on here. Historic day. Let me know if I got it right / wrong.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

BBC News channel on here. Historic day. Let me know if I got it right / wrong.

Do not have TV or radio, just rely on web, and steering away from the maelstrom. I'd rather spend time simming or trying the newly-acquired 747-8i!!

3 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Do not have TV or radio, just rely on web, and steering away from the maelstrom. I'd rather spend time simming or trying the newly-acquired 747-8i!!

Crikey! 😲

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Crikey! 😲

Betrayers are taking over. The Guy Fawkes Plot is noting compared to what the voters stated at that 2016 Referendum. 'Oh, we do like that General Election result. Can we have a second vote, or maybe a third vote?' What utter tripe! I have said my piece, and leave it that. I came to a Britain in the 60s that had 'Great' before it, not European-run Britain.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 8:24 PM, vc10man said:

Great add-on, I use it, but I can never tell where the cargo ramps are, or which Gate is Medium/Heavy, etc

Depends on the profile: it knows exactly your wingspan and GW. the gates that appear in green are the ones in which you fit, unlike the ones in grey. 

BTW I usually look for remote stands for cargo, and then check on the p3D menu. Otherwise I have a look on google maps and maybe offline charts, even older pdf ones. Guess it's still better than nothing

On 1/14/2019 at 6:47 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

Little NavMap

I have to admit, I already have this, and forgot that it can do the map! I love it. 

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

On 1/14/2019 at 3:12 PM, dmiannay said:

Hope Jay won't mind me answering on his behalf... just zoom in on the map view and as you get closer to the airport you will start to see the gate layouts.  And yes, you see the gate numbers.

Since we are on the subject, I believe I was able to also see what airline codes are used at each gate. AFter the first time I saw that, I was never able to see them again. I see the representation of the AFCAD and the gate numbers. When I hover I can see the size but it is super finicky. You have to put the cursor in a very specific spot.

Isn't there also a way to also see the parking codes (airlines)?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

Since we are on the subject, I believe I was able to also see what airline codes are used at each gate. AFter the first time I saw that, I was never able to see them again. I see the representation of the AFCAD and the gate numbers. When I hover I can see the size but it is super finicky. You have to put the cursor in a very specific spot.

Isn't there also a way to also see the parking codes (airlines)?

Scroll down to your closest point over a gate you're interested in, then simply place your cursor over the gate label and let it sit there over the label for a second and the info will pop up.  Be sure the map is the foremost window first (by clicking anywhere on it).  HTH

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

BBC News channel on here. Historic day

Why? 🤡

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

3 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Why? 🤡

House of Commons voting on the Government's proposed deal for Brexit.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

45 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

House of Commons voting on the Government's proposed deal for Brexit.

I knew 😉 Hence the clowns face.
I guess back to the drawing board for UK now

Edited by Egbert Drenth

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11