Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

737NGX - are panels UHD standard

I use a 55 inch upscaling 4k TV with the 737 and it's like sitting in the cockpit. Even turned my texture res down from 4096 after years to 1024 and maybe 1% of cockpit is less impressive but in out of view places. The upscaling is the magic here. I run default textures. Going through the fcoms again in great detail so I'm looking at every little switch and knob again.. All is sharp and legible from 2 to 3 feet away from the screen. Good times! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Thanks Russell. My main concern is that the instruments themselves are ultra sharp including the FMS and the overhead with all its switches and lettering. From a Youtube video I saw and your post those seems to be fine.

When FS Labs designed the overhead panels for Concorde 32-bit a lot of compromises had to be made in order to keep VAS usage as low as possible.

Sorry if I’m coming across as paranoid but I just want to be certain before I hit that Buy button.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sorry if I’m coming across as paranoid but I just want to be certain before I hit that Buy button.

No problem Ray! If you want me to I can take 4k screen shots today and share them.That should be all you need if you just let me know which areas you want? PFD/MCP/Overhead/Pedestal? Plus of course NO upscaling in screen shots so what you see is what you get. 

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Thanks Russell but I've decided to buy it as no-one has raised any concerns about the quality of the panels.

I wanted to get my order in before a certain vote in the House of Commons this evening as there could be a run on the Pound and this is already my most expensive purchase.

Installing tomorrow! 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Russell but I've decided to buy it as no-one has raised any concerns about the quality of the panels.

Sweet Ray you won't regret it!

I have a shared album of all my custom ChasePlane views on Imgur now so if anyone else needs to see the textures they can see for themselves. 

Custom ChasePlane views for PMDG 737 NGX (600 Model)

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

25 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

wanted to get my order in before a certain vote in the House of Commons this evening as there could be a run on the Pound

Thanks for that reminder Ray. Just bought the 747-8i Expansion.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, sloppysmusic said:

Sweet Ray you won't regret it!

I have a shared album of all my custom ChasePlane views on Imgur now so if anyone else needs to see the textures they can see for themselves. 

Custom ChasePlane views for PMDG 737 NGX (600 Model)

Russel,

Are the textures pictured in your link the default PMDG 737 NGX textures? They seem much clearer in terms of lettering and with more contrast than mine in P3d V4. Is HDR turned off?

Thanks,

Greg Clark

Greg Clark

9 minutes ago, greg100o said:

Are the textures pictured in your link the default PMDG 737 NGX textures? They seem much clearer in terms of lettering and with more contrast than mine in P3d V4. Is HDR turned off?

Yes they are default alright. What's more impressive is that I 'downgraded' to 1024 TexRes from 4096 to save VAS in my old sim FSX and those textures are at that resolution! Pretty darn good eh?

Plane is #1 on my list of favorites. Only the radio pedestal has aging textures these days IMO especially at night, but as long as you don't turn up the flood it's fine. 

No HDR of course in FSX!

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

1 hour ago, greg100o said:

Russel,

boy they do look gorgeous!

Greg

Yes they do, fellow aviation nerd!

😎😂

Russell Gough