Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Does VoxATC and P3D V4.4 play nicely?

I know there is another post elsewhere with this question, but I was hoping to get some further responses regarding advice. I used VoxATC in FSX and loved it. I have been holding off getting it for P3D due to the lack of support from the developer, as it's a lot of money for a programme that is not properly supported. However, I may tempt myself if I hear that it runs well, with no real issues in P3D V4.4. What are your thoughts and experiences fellas?

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I know there is another post elsewhere with this question, but I was hoping to get some further responses regarding advice. I used VoxATC in FSX and loved it. I have been holding off getting it for P3D due to the lack of support from the developer, as it's a lot of money for a programme that is not properly supported. However, I may tempt myself if I hear that it runs well, with no real issues in P3D V4.4. What are your thoughts and experiences fellas?

I have not had any issues with 4.4 that have not already been noted in this forum. There are certainly things I would like to see better, but it is still my, “go to” ATC program. 

VoxATC is on and off for me. It worked really well in FSX but I never got it to run in P3D 2.x and 3.x. After VoxATC was updated last fall, I gave it a try in 4.3 and it worked beautifully. However, it stopped working again (the "fatal error" message that it produces when it is started) after I upgraded to P3D 4.4. Currently, it is mothballed on my PC. I didn't try very hard to fix it - I guess I am getting a bit tired of that "fatal error".

Peter

9 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

I have not had any issues with 4.4 that have not already been noted in this forum. There are certainly things I would like to see better, but it is still my, “go to” ATC program. 

7 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

VoxATC is on and off for me. It worked really well in FSX but I never got it to run in P3D 2.x and 3.x. After VoxATC was updated last fall, I gave it a try in 4.3 and it worked beautifully. However, it stopped working again (the "fatal error" message that it produces when it is started) after I upgraded to P3D 4.4. Currently, it is mothballed on my PC. I didn't try very hard to fix it - I guess I am getting a bit tired of that "fatal error".

Peter

Hmm, two different stories 😩 thanks fellas. Hopefully, I will hear from others.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

10 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

but it is still my, “go to” ATC program

howard

I agree ..... but I don't often go there.

my main problem  (& for others I suspect / understand) includes updating to TTS 64bit voices & that there's an interface issue between cereproc & others which has yet to be solved ...... it is the cause I suspect of many "fatal errors" & serious wasted investments (though to be fair I don't know that it is a vox problem)

my other concerns are:

a) I'm not sure the indexer correctly reads scenery the P3DV4 way.

b) voxserver misreads TTS voices (accepts 32bits when it should not ??).

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

howard

I agree ..... but I don't often go there.

my main problem  (& for others I suspect / understand) includes updating to TTS 64bit voices & that there's an interface issue between cereproc & others which has yet to be solved ...... it is the cause I suspect of many "fatal errors" & serious wasted investments (though to be fair I don't know that it is a vox problem)

my other concerns are:

a) I'm not sure the indexer correctly reads scenery the P3DV4 way.

b) voxserver misreads TTS voices (accepts 32bits when it should not ??).

Ah, thanks John, very helpful advice. It's more or less what I've come to expect from VoxATC. Cheers 😥

Howard

Howard,

I have to agree with Mad_Mac's view.  It works fine with P3Dv4.4 and it's also my "go-to" ATC replacement.  Has been since FS9.  There are a number of issues and the support is still pretty much non-existent.  That being said, I still use it on every flight and put up with it's eccentricities (I'm being kind) because it does the job.  In my long experience using VoxATC the vast majority of problems are caused by 3rd party airports having errors in their AFCAD.  It really helps if you have at least a working knowledge using Airport Design Editor. Regarding the issue that vadriver brought up about the indexer not reading P3Dv4 scenery correctly, I have not had that issue at all.  The indexer correctly recognizes all of my 3rd party scenery, and many, many airports that I've edited myself, whether they are in the scenery.cfg or via the add-on XML method.

Any other questions, fire away!

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

1 hour ago, jaybird1nyc said:

Howard,

I have to agree with Mad_Mac's view.  It works fine with P3Dv4.4 and it's also my "go-to" ATC replacement.  Has been since FS9.  There are a number of issues and the support is still pretty much non-existent.  That being said, I still use it on every flight and put up with it's eccentricities (I'm being kind) because it does the job.  In my long experience using VoxATC the vast majority of problems are caused by 3rd party airports having errors in their AFCAD.  It really helps if you have at least a working knowledge using Airport Design Editor. Regarding the issue that vadriver brought up about the indexer not reading P3Dv4 scenery correctly, I have not had that issue at all.  The indexer correctly recognizes all of my 3rd party scenery, and many, many airports that I've edited myself, whether they are in the scenery.cfg or via the add-on XML method.

Any other questions, fire away!

Jay

Jay, now it's getting even more interesting 😥 The real issue I have, is as you have rightly pointed out  "support is still pretty much non-existent..." which in my book, is bloody disgraceful! They should not be doing business, period. Taking money off someone for software which is known to be 'flakey' and not offer help and support is not on. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet 😓  Are you using TTS from any third party? If so, how are they?  

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

Still no support with Ultimate Traffic Live - so now I exclusively use ProATCx or Pilot2ATC.  

Also - the developer has vanished.  

The lack of official support has been discussed before. My opinion is that most of the reports of "bugs" in VOXATC are actually related to errors in  3rd party airports and aircraft. One can see that from a cursory review of this subforum.  The VOXATC developer must have gotten tired of addressing these requests. 

Similarly, LM's official support never addresses issues in P3d related to third party add-ons either. It's an unfortunate consequence of the open architecture of flight sims that various add-ons can create conflicts.

7 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Still no support with Ultimate Traffic Live - so now I exclusively use ProATCx or Pilot2ATC.  

Also - the developer has vanished.  

1 minute ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The lack of official support has been discussed before. My opinion is that most of the reports of "bugs" in VOXATC are actually related to errors in  3rd party airports and aircraft. One can see that from a cursory review of this subforum.  The VOXATC developer must have gotten tired of addressing these requests. 

Similarly, LM's official support never addresses issues in P3d related to third party add-ons either. It's an unfortunate consequence of the open architecture of flight sims that various add-ons can create conflicts.

😢

Howard

On thing I have found that works in 4.4 that I could never get to work previously is pattern work with no flight plan loaded. 

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

Hi,

vox atc dosen' undertand me whe I say 'vacated runway"...

I ve done several training and usualy, when I'm not understood I repeat slowly and it will be fine but this "vacated runway"  sentence remains understood !!!

What can I do ? 

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

See what's happening in Windows itself. Open the speech control panel and turn on the OS's speech recognition. Open Notepad and try to dictate "vacated runway" and see what you get in Notepad.

In the speech CP you can train the recognizer on specific words.

Also, in VOXATC, activate the FO and see if that works for vacating the runway. That might give you a hint at whether it's either VOXATC or Windows that is causing the problem.