Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Does VoxATC and P3D V4.4 play nicely?

I used VOXATC with a lot of pleasure in 2007 just when FSX comes thru the curtains and I loved it. Recently I tried a demo version in P3DV4 and was shocked to see that there was no improvement at all since that time..

On 1/15/2019 at 10:15 AM, Rockliffe said:

The real issue I have, is as you have rightly pointed out  "support is still pretty much non-existent..." which in my book, is bloody disgraceful! They should not be doing business, period.

This might be a tad harsh but if they don't support it in any way with the issues that it has maybe they should do the honorable thing and walk away and open it up or at the very least stop selling it.

On 1/15/2019 at 10:40 AM, Tony P said:

Still no support with Ultimate Traffic Live - so now I exclusively use ProATCx or Pilot2ATC.  

Also - the developer has vanished.  

I don't think that P2A interacts with any traffic.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

This might be a tad harsh but if they don't support it in any way with the issues that it has maybe they should do the honorable thing and walk away and open it up or at the very least stop selling it.

No, not really too harsh. But keep in mind this is the 7th major version of VOXATC. There were also multiple free open beta minor 7.x versions, where support was provided. There have subsequently 2 release 7.x versions. Both release versions took into account feedback from users. I'll probably get some grief for this, but VOXATC is a "study level" ATC app. Only VATSIM etc. is comparable. No other ATC app even comes close to it for either XP11 or P3d4 (and I use P2ATC for XP11). It supports both FSX versions and all P3d versions. It provides realistic AI traffic communication and control. Even given all that, it has surprisingly few bugs. But just like the open architecture flight sims, it is highly susceptible to conflicts with and among 3rd party aircraft and scenery. My experience is that most of the problems with VOXATC are due to either these 3rd party conflicts or "pilot error".

That's why I don't recommend VOXATC except for people who are serious, serious flightsimmers. This means that one is willing to use ADE to edit malformed airports, buy a subscription to fsaerodata and have a commitment to building a database of realistic AI traffic models, liveries and schedules, preferably with AIG.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, simba_nl said:

I used VOXATC with a lot of pleasure in 2007 just when FSX comes thru the curtains and I loved it. Recently I tried a demo version in P3DV4 and was shocked to see that there was no improvement at all since that time..

Gee, do you think that maybe that's because in the ITRW that ATC hasn't changed much since 2007?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

No, not really too harsh. But keep in mind this is the 7th major version of VOXATC. There were also multiple free open beta minor 7.x versions, where support was provided. There have subsequently 2 release 7.x versions. Both release versions took into account feedback from users. I'll probably get some grief for this, but VOXATC is a "study level" ATC app. Only VATSIM etc. is comparable. No other ATC app even comes close to it for either XP11 or P3d4 (and I use P2ATC for XP11). It supports both FSX versions and all P3d versions. It provides realistic AI traffic communication and control. Even given all that, it has surprisingly few bugs. But just like the open architecture flight sims, it is highly susceptible to conflicts with and among 3rd party aircraft and scenery. My experience is that most of the problems with VOXATC are due to either these 3rd party conflicts or "pilot error".

That's why I don't recommend VOXATC except for people who are serious, serious flightsimmers. This means that one is willing to use ADE to edit malformed airports, buy a subscription to fsaerodata and have a commitment to building a database of realistic AI traffic models, liveries and schedules, preferably with AIG.

I agree with Jay, Vox is a study level addon - just like real life, ATC demands you use proper protocol.  Unlike real life it has to cope with malformed airport facilities files.  It is unrealistic to expect this to be done by the Vox developer and is unlikely to be done by airport developers.  Doing it yourself isnt hard, but requires a little learning and effort.  its not for everyone, and theres nothing wrong with that.  If you're not up for it, probably best pass, but you're giving up IMO the best ATC addon there is!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

But keep in mind this is the 7th major version of VOXATC. There were also multiple free open beta minor 7.x versions, where support was provided. There have subsequently 2 release 7.x versions. Both release versions took into account feedback from users. I'll probably get some grief for this, but VOXATC is a "study level" ATC app. Only VATSIM etc. is comparable. No other ATC app even comes close to it for either XP11 or P3d4 (and I use P2ATC for XP11). It supports both FSX versions and all P3d versions. It provides realistic AI traffic communication and control. Even given all that, it has surprisingly few bugs. But just like the open architecture flight sims, it is highly susceptible to conflicts with and among 3rd party aircraft and scenery. My experience is that most of the problems with VOXATC are due to either these 3rd party conflicts or "pilot error".

Very well said and totally agree, this sums up in a nutshell what VoxATC is. But here's my dilemma,  and i'm sure others are in the same predicament as this post implies, while looking for an ATC immersion I just can't see myself putting this much money into something that might never get further support or even knowingly attempt to fix those "susceptible conflicts".

Probably getting off topic but my goodness, we've seen companies develop amazing simulators, amazing flight planners, trackers, GPS and chart providers, amazing aircraft and sceneries but at the same time seeing support for ATC's faulting or near non-existent.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

35 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Gee, do you think that maybe that's because in the ITRW that ATC hasn't changed much since 2007?

Gee, You can't read or even think clear. You also do your text writing in Wordperfect or similar 1989 stuff...  I think.

3 minutes ago, simba_nl said:

Gee, You can't read or even think clear. You also do your text writing in Wordperfect or similar 1989 stuff...  I think.

User name checks out.

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

This means that one is willing to use ADE to edit malformed airports, buy a subscription to fsaerodata and have a commitment to building a database of realistic AI traffic models, liveries and schedules, preferably with AIG.

For the edition of malformed airport, I spend some time in the beginning to correct airports or to try to find on Avsim library a more realistic one. But it's not always worth the effort especially if you know that you are not likely to fly again in the same airport. I'm currently on a flight around the world and there are several airports in Asia that are out of date and I know I'm unlikely to fly there again. So I check before the flight (with Little NavMap) if the destination airport have something unusual (Like Osaka I flew in yesterday has a new runway and make VOX close with a fatal error). Then I decide if I change routing or just accept one leg without Vox. Still have fun with Vox even with is limitation. The things is when we understand what could make Vox fail on a startup sequence, your don't feel frustrated because you know the limitation of out of dates airports.

• Like 2

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

On 1/24/2019 at 6:14 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

See what's happening in Windows itself. Open the speech control panel and turn on the OS's speech recognition. Open Notepad and try to dictate "vacated runway" and see what you get in Notepad.

In the speech CP you can train the recognizer on specific words.

Also, in VOXATC, activate the FO and see if that works for vacating the runway. That might give you a hint at whether it's either VOXATC or Windows that is causing the problem.

Hi !

I added the sentence "vacated runway" to the file generaltraining.txt and run the voxatc training tool . All's fine now.. thanks 😃

Edited by supersym

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Depending on the brand and type of microphone, Windows speech recognition often has trouble with D, B, G and V for some reason. I had a similar problem with the word gate. Also, USB wired/wireless microphones are not all that good for speech recognition.