Sign in to follow this  
tbarker1989

[Answered] FSReborn Lights on User Aircraft

Is this typical to have FSReborn lights on my aircraft? I get this on default aircraft and a couple of payware aircraft like the TFDI 717, Flysimware LJ35, Flysimware FA50.

Thanks

5 hours ago, tbarker1989 said:

Is this typical to have FSReborn lights on my aircraft? I get this on default aircraft and a couple of payware aircraft like the TFDI 717, Flysimware LJ35, Flysimware FA50.

Thanks

Hi Tim,

Is not typical but it can happen, this is because the P3D default effects names (fx_strobe.fx, fx_strobeh.fx, fx_navred.fx, etc,) are used by the flyable aircraft and AI Lights Reborn Freeware edition use these effects names to implement the strobe lights and other effects, so this is causing a conflict.

Developers for Payware Airplanes normally implement their own effects names and therefore do not cause the problems / conflicts with the AI Lights effects as you are experiencing, some examples are PMDG, Aerosoft, Majestic Software, Carenado, etc.

As I see it you have these options:

• Check if Flysimware implemented the Airplanes lights configuration inside the Aircraft.cfg file, if they did we can implement a quick fix:

You can edit your the aircraft.cfg file to use a different effect name.

For example for strobes: your original strobe files were left untouched on your default effects folder, make a copy of fx_strobe.fx, rename the copy to fx_strobe_JustFlight.fx and open the aircraft.cfg file, find any reference to the default strobe and replace it for fx_strobe_Flysimware

That would resolve your problem.

If you want me to do the changes for you email me at support@fsreborn.com.

• If in the other hand Flysimware implemented the Airplanes lights directly inside the compiled model (xx.mdl file) using the default effects names, then you would need to request to Flysimware to change the names for something else or hex edit the .MDL file to force the usage of different effects.

AI Lights Reborn Edition professional (currently on beta) is much more advanced and implement the effects using a different technique that avoid much better these kind of conflicts. Please let me know how Flysimware implemented the lights configuration so I can try to help you the best way posible.

Regarding TDFi 717, same technique applies.. I have TDFi 717 but since I am using AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition (Beta) I haven't noticed any conflict, I will have a look tonight about how this aircraft implemented the effects to see if I can offer you a quick fix.

All the best,
Simbol

In the Flysimware LJ35, This is the lights section from the aircraft.cfg screen.

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin       

light.1 = 10,  10.80,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.2 = 10,  6.80,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.3 = 10,  3.00,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.4 = 8,  -1.00,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.5 = 9,  11.70,  -3.70,  -0.9, fx_vclight

light.6 = 1,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.7 = 2,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.8 = 3,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.9 = 4,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE

light.10 = 5, -0.00,   3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.11 = 5, -0.00,  -3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.12 = 6, -0.00,   3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.13 = 6, -0.00,  -3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.14 = 7,  6.00,   17.80,  0.4, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.15 = 7,  6.00,  -17.80,  0.4, fx_landing_3D_FSW

Hi Tim,

So it seems they embedded the effects via the .MDL file, so the only available options are to Hex edit the .MDL or wait for Flysimware to change their effects for something else.

Regards,
S.

okay, I figured I would ask. Thanks for the help. If you need some help beta testing. I can be of assistance. I have assisted Byork with FS2Crew Products.

17 minutes ago, tbarker1989 said:

okay, I figured I would ask.

No worries, I can help you to hex edit the file if you wish, it takes 5 minutes 😋

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadFlyingSkills said:

How can your hex Edit it? I have a problem with the PA 380 and dosen't seem to find a fix to the problem. 

Best regards

With this: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Steps:

1) Make a backup of the original model file.

2) Open the model file with the hex editor.

3) Find any reference to the fx_strobe.

4) Replace it with fx_strob2 for example (note the exact same numbers of characters is required)

5) Save your changes.

6) Find the original LM fx_strobe file inside of P3D\effects

7) Make a copy of it and name it fx_strob2.fx

Job done.

Regards,
S.

5 hours ago, MadFlyingSkills said:

I tried it and it gave backfire. The model can't be loaded with my new configs.

You did something wrong, I have done this many times without problems.

Email me at support@fsreborn.com.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 8:07 AM, simbol said:

You did something wrong, I have done this many times without problems.

Email me at support@fsreborn.com.

Regards 

Simbol 

I have fixed it. Thanks for the support. I tried it again and changed everything with light on the lines. It worked. 

Dearest regards

• Like 1

I have a question about this.  Quite a few of my user aircraft have FSReborn lights on them because the P3D default effects names (fx_strobe.fx, fx_strobeh.fx, fx_navred.fx, etc,) are being used by those aircraft. This results in the conflict that Simbol mentioned in the second post of this thread.  Due to my chosen AILRP settings, these aircraft are now essentially not flyable as the strobe flashes and nav light reflections, etc, are distracting and too bright. The cockpit environment has become very unrealistic and the immersion is thus lost with these aircraft.

As a test, I edited the aircraft.cfg file on one of my flyable aircraft to use a different effect name, as was suggested in Simbol's post.  That worked fine.  So, here's my question …

If Lockheed Martin release another Hotfix, and I update to that Hotfix, will those manual aircraft.cfg changes potentially get overwritten?  In other words, will I have to do this same manual edit again, on several aircraft.cfg files, with each subsequent Lockheed Martin update or patch?

@simbol  Is there a way you can have AILRP manage and make these edits and file copy/rename changes for us?  Considering AILRP (correctly) ignores aircraft that have a panel folder, perhaps you can provide the user with a list of detected flyable aircraft, maybe on a separate tab or screen, and then allow the user to select (check box) the ones where they want P3D to use a different effect name?  It's only a suggestion.

Edited by freddy_

Regards,

Freddy

6 hours ago, freddy_ said:

I have a question about this.  Quite a few of my user aircraft have FSReborn lights on them because the P3D default effects names (fx_strobe.fx, fx_strobeh.fx, fx_navred.fx, etc,) are being used by those aircraft. This results in the conflict that Simbol mentioned in the second post of this thread.  Due to my chosen AILRP settings, these aircraft are now essentially not flyable as the strobe flashes and nav light reflections, etc, are distracting and too bright. The cockpit environment has become very unrealistic and the immersion is thus lost with these aircraft.

The OP and the answer in the second post was about the FREE edition. I believe the PRO edition uses another technique. Did you use the FREE edition previously?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

33 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

The OP and the answer in the second post was about the FREE edition. I believe the PRO edition uses another technique. Did you use the FREE edition previously?

The Professional edition reduces the chances for such conflicts to occur -it requires running in expert mode-. However it might still happen with very few AI Models that use attached effects via the .MDL using default effects names. However most AI packages available do not have this issue. IE: UTL, T360, Traffic Global (the new version coming out soon which I am helping JF to complete), AIGM, etc. FAIB models use custom effects names and avoid the problem too.

7 hours ago, freddy_ said:

If Lockheed Martin release another Hotfix, and I update to that Hotfix, will those manual aircraft.cfg changes potentially get overwritten?  In other words, will I have to do this same manual edit again, on several aircraft.cfg files, with each subsequent Lockheed Martin update or patch?

It is possible if you apply the "content" part. And this is something you might want to happen / force. For example what if you want all these files to be as default again?

7 hours ago, freddy_ said:

Is there a way you can have AILRP manage and make these edits and file copy/rename changes for us?  Considering AILRP (correctly) ignores aircraft that have a panel folder, perhaps you can provide the user with a list of detected flyable aircraft, maybe on a separate tab or screen, and then allow the user to select (check box) the ones where they want P3D to use a different effect name?  It's only a suggestion.

The % of chance of an effect conflict using AILRP with your default aircraft if about 5% or less as explained above.

Although technically I could do what you suggest I am against this idea. You see at the moment AILRP does not change anything inside your simulator ecosystem in order to be sure your simulator stays 100% stable after installing AIRLP. This means if anything goes wrong with your simulator it is not related to AI Lights Reborn in any possible way.

Although AILRP looks like a simple tool, it is very complex behind the scenes as it needs to ensure compatibility with over 100 different add-on's currently available in the market, so I rather keep it as simple as I can in order to avoid causing unwelcome issues and the best way to do so is to enforce P3D SDK guidelines for everything and avoid touching anything inside your simulator ecosystem at all costs.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 2

No, I did not use the Free Edition previously.

Yes, I am running the Pro Edition in Expert mode.  Sadly, for me, quite a few of my flyable aircraft, including some of the default P3D planes, do have this conflict. That said, the workaround does resolve the issue, so it's not too much of a big deal.

Regarding my suggested change for AILRP, it's good that it doesn't change anything inside the sim ecosystem to ensure the sim stays 100% stable after installing AILRP. And, if there's less than 5% chance of an effect conflict, then this issue will only happen for a small number of users.  Therefore, yep, I agree it's not worth adding my suggested change to the program.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Freddy