Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

PBR VC MadDogX First Look

What did I say in the first post about the availability of the VC PBR textures?

FPS...No loss at all. In fact as the MaddogX now uses it own 'in house lighting system' and NOT RealLight if you are using PBR; my FPS have increase quiet a lot. 

Edited by alpha117

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

That's an interesting question, but that way you can disable both external and internal PBR textures (separatedly I suppose, since the new VC PBR textures are about to be released probably this week, so I cannot tell for sure). Take a look in MaddogX website, but they don't reveal how they do it. What they've said is that the performance impact is minimal, or performance is even better compared to normal textures.

Cheers, Ed

Ed, how do you know that this going to happen??

Edited by alpha117

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If an aircraft  model is designed with PBR textures, it can only be run in P3d4 with as a minimum, the client and content updated to version 4.4.

Hi Jay.  Just one minor clarification.  According to LM (link) you only need to update the v4.4 Client to "see" PBR textures.  All you get with updating v4.4 Content is the new F-16 with PBR textures.  Any aircraft you add that have PBR textures will show up just fine for those who only updated the Client.

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 hour ago, alpha117 said:

Ed, how do you know that this going to happen??

https://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10779-some-news/

45 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Hi Jay.  Just one minor clarification.  According to LM (link) you only need to update the v4.4 Client to "see" PBR textures.  All you get with updating v4.4 Content is the new F-16 with PBR textures.  Any aircraft you add that have PBR textures will show up just fine for those who only updated the Client.

Not true at least with the MaddogX MD82, 83 & 88. Look here:

https://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10608-fly-the-maddog-x-development-update/

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

12 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Not true at least with the MaddogX MD82, 83 & 88. Look here:

https://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10608-fly-the-maddog-x-development-update/

Hi Ed.  So, now we have a developer contradicting Lockheed Martin regarding what components are required to see PBR.  I have difficulty believing LM don't understand what's required for PBR in their product.  Since I'm neither LM or the Maddog developer, I will step aside... but I'm leaning towards LM 🙂

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Although PBR material can be reused on multiple models, PBR textures usually cannot be reused, because of the UV mapping of the texture sheet to specific parts of a model. Hence LM's  (Rob McCarthy) explanation seems correct that the content is not needed unless one wants to see the PBR-enabled F-16. The only way it wouldn't be correct is that version 4.4 has the PBR shader files contained in the content installer. We've have to find someone with just the 4.4 client installed and see if they have the PBR shader files installed.

I have P3dv4.4 - I have only the client update installed.

Maddog works with PBR if you turn on the option in their flight manager.

21 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Hi Ed.  So, now we have a developer contradicting Lockheed Martin regarding what components are required to see PBR.  I have difficulty believing LM don't understand what's required for PBR in their product.  Since I'm neither LM or the Maddog developer, I will step aside... but I'm leaning towards LM 🙂

Probably there´s no contradiction, but the way LSH developed their product. Seems to me that since PBR is just "beginning" the developers would still have to fine tune the process, my guess, but LSH have made it very clear in their forums.

I don´t have P3Dv4.4 installed yet, so I couldn´t say.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers