Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

PBR VC MadDogX First Look

Some first PBR shots of the VC (82). These uploaded pictures reduce the quality; looks better in the SIm. Frame rate loss...none at all; in fact there is a gain due to the use of the NEW 'in house lighting system'. Not available 'Yet' still in testing, but thought some shots would be good. Bump and Wear mapping still needs to be applied, which will happen going forward.There will be more appearing over the next few days, I'm sure from other team members. P3D V4.4 + Only.Hope you all like

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNHBpDQYrskg4AXBf4hG9QelaYArQ

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNHBpDQYrskg4AYMoqfh7Y6qYD9HQ

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNHBpDQYrskg4AZtzAE1gGh4ilGEg

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNHBpDQYrskg4AagMatuEh-ZVoA_g

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNHBpDQYrskg4AbU2hKSAykMmVxxQ

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNHBpDQYrskg4AcsT_N_QMyOdCorg

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNHBpDQYrskg4AdzVCyrl5LHwRKOw

Edited by alpha117
  • Like 3

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Looking very nice!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Love those subtle details in the VC.

PBR is something that is hard to appreciate on static images (but they still look fantastic)

The big gain comes from watching the materials interact with light sources as you are flying. Love it!

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Those pics really do look excellent!  Looking forward to some of the other high-end aircraft developers making the change to PBR as well.  Great times!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Apologize if this is dumb question but how does one enable PBR textures in the VC?  Do you still need to download the PBR livery or just check the option box for PBR in the config?

Thanks!

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

3 minutes ago, ieydis said:

Apologize if this is dumb question but how does one enable PBR textures in the VC?  Do you still need to download the PBR livery or just check the option box for PBR in the config?

Thanks!

That's not a dumb question. SimObjects either have PBR textures built-in or they don't. There is no "enabling". If an aircraft  model is designed with PBR textures, it can only be run in P3d4 with as a minimum, the client and content updated to version 4.4.

4 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That's not a dumb question. SimObjects either have PBR textures built-in or they don't. There is no "enabling". If an aircraft  model is designed with PBR textures, it can only be run in P3d4 with as a minimum, the client and content updated to version 4.4.

In the MaddogX you still have an option in the LoadManager to enable or disable the PBR textures.

But really, I see no reason to disable those nice looking and almost real textures!.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

In the MaddogX you still have an option in the LoadManager to enable or disable the PBR textures.

But really, I see no reason to disable those nice looking and almost real textures!.

Cheers, Ed

That's interesting Ed. I don't have the MaddogX, so how does it do that? Does it substitute identically named non-PBR textures and add new ones (ala what Model Converter X does in aliasing texture files) , or does it utilize two separate base aircraft models, each with its own texture set?

7 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That's interesting Ed. I don't have the MaddogX, so how does it do that? Does it substitute identically named non-PBR textures and add new ones (ala what Model Converter X does in aliasing texture files) , or does it utilize two separate base aircraft models, each with its own texture set?

That's an interesting question, but that way you can disable both external and internal PBR textures (separatedly I suppose, since the new VC PBR textures are about to be released probably this week, so I cannot tell for sure). Take a look in MaddogX website, but they don't reveal how they do it. What they've said is that the performance impact is minimal, or performance is even better compared to normal textures.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks. Most flyable aircraft have an internal model and an external model to optimize performance in each view. PBR's impact on performance should be pretty small, since both "regular" and PBR modes consist of layering multiple textures. PBR allows more and varied layers, but generally the total number of layers isn't vastly different between the two modes. PBR could use up more VRAM though, depending on how many textures are layered onto the model.

• Like 1

Extremely realistic. Nice to see some developers taking advantage of new technology available in P3D. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

WOW

nuff said

JimE

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

The question I asked was only relevant to the Maddog and what I think I'm hearing is that the VC PBR textures have not been released yet.  Is this correct?

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL