Sign in to follow this  
t-c

Asian or Indian Airports.

Can anyone recommend good airports in Asia, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, or India please for GA planes, as there seems to be a lack of them for P3D v4

Thanks 🙂

Nathan

Edited by t-c

Nathan Brennan

First, I would recommend you to go here: http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html or http://www.flightsim-scenery.com/fsx.html and look at the scenerymaps for the countries that interest you. On those maps you can choose to only display P3Dv4 native airports (blue pins). There's all kinds of payware and freeware airports available, perhaps more than we can list off the top of our heads. Here is the scenery map specifically for freeware scenery in southeast Asia: http://www.freewarescenery.com/maps/scenerymap.php?region=SAS&sim=FSX. As you will see, there's a number of blue pins, but the quality varies. So it's all about what your standards are.

That said, the only two (semi) natively P3Dv4 compatible airport I have in south/southeast Asia (which is what you seem to be predominantly inquiring about) are these two:

• FSDG Paro, in Bhutan, where I haven't actually ever flown yet... But it certainly looks good!
  • A freeware Chiang Mai VTCC scenery, converted from an older scenery by Tic: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=206225 In my experience it's a pretty solid scenery, definitely for a freeware!

Other sceneries that i know of being P3Dv4 compatible in those regions are:

• Imaginesim's New Delhi VIDP, which looks dated from the screenshots.
  • FSDG's Bangalore, which looks quite nice
  • Some sceneries froma  developer called "Stinn's creations", who made one or two sceneries for India
  • Imaginesim's Singapore WSSS, which people seem to like.

Now, sicne you mentioned southeast Asian airports, I wasn't sure if maybe you are still interested in east Asia as well? There's more P3Dv4 compatible airport sin that area:

• FlyTampa's rendition of the old (and now closed) Hong Kong Kai Tak is beautiful
  • PacSim offers Xiamen and Taipei. I quite like the latter, but am less enthused about the former
  • A little further away PacSim also offers Manilla, which is very nice!
  • Imaginesim has Shanghai Pudong ZSPD, which I've heard mixed things about.
  • Chengdu was done by Bridge
  • WF Scenery Studios did Beijing, Xian, Hangzhou and Shanghai Hongqiao
  • All the way in the west of China there is Kashgar by BGD
  • Dalian by BF flight scenery
  • Shenyang, Taoxian by Destination
  • Mohe Gulian by Dazzle Color Games
  • Over to Japan now there's several, such as Chubu Centrair and Nagasaki by PacSim
  • BDO Aviation did Osaka Kansai
  • Technobrain has done Naha and Tokyo Haneda
  • And I shouldn't forget MFSG which have done a greta number of smaller airports throughout Malaysia and Japan.

I think most if not all of these airprots cnam be found at simmarket and definitely they will show on the 'payware scenery' map I liked to above in the first paragraph of this post. But,. e.g. here's China: http://www.flightsim-scenery.com/maps/scenerymap.php?country=china&sim=comFSX

I should also indicate that I have a lot of not-native P3Dv4 airports nevertheless working in P3Dv4. Examples are Taxi2Gate's Hong Kong VHHH, Armi Project's Bangkok VTBS, Wingcreation's Tokyo Narita, Thai Creation's Kathmandu and Aerosim's Fukuoka. I also have myriad freeware sceneries installed and working that were originally for as far as back as FSX. Among those are a rendition of Hanoi's Noi Bai airport, and the new intl airport of Kunming (a beautiful scenery btw).

So, really, there's quite a lot of choice, but you may have to resort to older sceneries. Even in P3Dv4 there's still remarkable chocie, but not necessairly the bigger hubs that may be of interest to you. Personally I'd love to Kuala Lumpur and a new version of Bangkok Suvarnabhumi released native to P3Dv4.

Hope that helps!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Hey Nathan.  That's quite a comprehensive response from Benjamin... very thorough and helpful.

Here are two additional sites showing payware airports around the world.

• DCTRY (link)
  • Google Maps for Prepar3Dv4 (link)
Edited by dmiannay
  • Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

There are very good airports for Thailand, Phuket amongst them.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Benjamin, Dmiannay and Ed, thank you guys so much for the information, I’ll have a look at the links while having dinner in a bit. Benjamin thank you, that must have taken ages to type out, I’m looking forward to going through your links.

Nathan

Nathan Brennan

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

FSDG Paro, in Bhutan, where I haven't actually ever flown yet... But it certainly looks good!

This one is really one of the best, an intriguing airport, with not an easy approach. And Airbuses land there in real life, but only with specially trained pilots.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Pity no one else sells Asian airports other than simMarket. I refuse to go anywhere near them after their pathetic Support last year. I'd rather do without than patronise a seller with zero Support!

I have flown into Paro as a passenger on one of those airbusea that Ed mentioned - its an impressive approach

Michael

• Upvote 1

Michael

15 hours ago, t-c said:

please for GA planes

Nathan, I don't know any real GA airports in Asia and I am afraid that due to market demad most airports develped are big airliner-type ones.
But, all in all, people also fly GA aircraft into some bigger airports.

However you may check Aerosoft's Lukla, whcih could give you a lot of fun (and challenge). 😉

Edited by Rafal
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

This one is really one of the best, an intriguing airport, with not an easy approach. And Airbuses land there in real life, but only with specially trained pilots.

Cheers, Ed

Bhutan doesn't even allow private pilots to land there without one of their pilots right-seating.

After watching the vid -- I understand why.  That's worse than Toncontin.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Check out A_A sceneries. I have their Kuala Lumpur, Phuket, and Bangkok sceneries which are all very nice. They are from FSX (if I remember right) but I have them working fine in P3Dv4.4. The freeware Chiang Mai is also nice. And the Don Mueang airport from Thai Creation is enjoyable. Hope that helps!

• Upvote 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

My Asian favorites are: Manila (PIS), Taipeh (PIS), Singapore (ImagineSim) and Honkong VHHH (T2G)

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (8+16 cores, 16+16 Threads, 5.5 GHz, Aorus X 360 AIO H2O, ASUS Z690 ROG Strix F), 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090 (Alphacool Eiswolf 360 AIO H2O).  Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2 SSD C drive).  MSFS 2020 (MS Store, installed on C, MSFS Content on seperate 2TB M.2 SSD).   P3Dv5.3 (1TB M.2 SSD).

Be nice to have a good Kathmandu rendition for trips to Lukla in the Twotter.

• Upvote 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

10 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Be nice to have a good Kathmandu rendition for trips to Lukla in the Twotter.

Well there is the old one from Thai Creation... It’d definitely be nice if FSDG took that one I think, to match their very nice Paro scenery!

And Nathan you’re welcome! I realize there’s many people looking for Asian sceneries, so it seemed like a good opportunity to make something of a list.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case