Sign in to follow this  
jamesfking28

777 Don't sink warning

I always get the "Don't sink" warning during the landing, and the aircraft status are good, on the localizer and glideslope, how to solve it?? 

32 minutes ago, jamesfking28 said:

I always get the "Don't sink" warning during the landing, and the aircraft status are good, on the localizer and glideslope, how to solve it?? 

Always good to run a quick search of the forum, or google.

Is it only happening in the 777, or does it happen with all aircraft? Running any VA programs?

Kyle Rodgers

I always thought that hearing "Don't Sink" when you are in the process of landing is the stupidest thing.  I would say "Sink Rate" is more appropriate at that time.  I have been doing a search of my HDD for any .wav file called Don't Sink and have been deleting them.

Those .wav files usually hide in the aircraft's sound folder or in the Sim's Main sound folder.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

23 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I always thought that hearing "Don't Sink" when you are in the process of landing is the stupidest thing.  I would say "Sink Rate" is more appropriate at that time.  I have been doing a search of my HDD for any .wav file called Don't Sink and have been deleting them.

Those .wav files usually hide in the aircraft's sound folder or in the Sim's Main sound folder.

That's just the solution I was looking for, Charlie. Thanks.

Those warnings are supposed to be inhibited I believe along with the terrain warnings when you are configured for approach especially with flaps extended and gear down. You can always press the gpws inhibit buttons on lower front panel on first officers side if I remember correctly before approach as well.

I can understand deleting them but one day in fog you might regret not having them! 

🙂

• Upvote 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

28 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I can understand deleting them but one day in fog you might regret not having them! 

Really good point.

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

That's not solving the problem.  The problem is usually not running the make runways tool to update the runway data and/or simply deleting the PMDG airport runway data file and letting the 747/777 rebuild it.  When new scenery is added, the runway data needs updated.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Really good point.

Do you really want to hear "Don't Sink" when on a perfectly good ILS/Glideslope approach to a runway?  Whataya gonna do, pull up and fly away?:blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

7 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Do you really want to hear "Don't Sink" when on a perfectly good ILS/Glideslope approach to a runway? 

So you're saying there's NO way to disable it in the cockpit with the inhibit buttons? In real life there would certainly be as it is INCREDIBLY distracting. If it differs from real life then it is not just an annoyance it is a code error and should be dealt with as such?

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

46 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Do you really want to hear "Don't Sink" when on a perfectly good ILS/Glideslope approach to a runway?  Whataya gonna do, pull up and fly away?:blink:

No, the good point I was referring to is being alerted when making a final approach e,g. when I made a fog-bound landing into Glasgow airport last night. When visibility is crystal clear, not needed then, of course..

Gents,

Bring it back to center, please.

I asked a question - two actually. Before we go ruining a sim install by deleting files, I think it is important/prudent to walk down the appropriate avenues to fix an issue before resorting to the sim equivalent of taking a sledgehammer to the sink to fix a leaky faucet.

Reasoning behind my questions:

1. There is a default GPWS included in P3D that can be triggered no matter what plane you're in. I need to rule this out.
  2. A number of VA programs inject a bunch of stuff like this into the sim, too. I need to rule this out as well.
Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

That "don't sink" sound file is just about the most annoying audio clip that I have ever heard. I use the brute force and ignorance approach.....and just disable it.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

That "don't sink" sound file is just about the most annoying audio clip that I have ever heard. I use the brute force and ignorance approach.....and just disable it.

The GPWS false warning is an indication that one of several pieces of runway data is out of date or not in agreement with the currently installed scenery.  "Just disable it," doesn't fix the problem.  The solutions are easy.

Dan Downs KCRP

Okay, Dan, take ob board your 'Make Runways' solution/suggestion. Question is, where can I get it and how is it implemented  for a variety of developers' airports, runways, etc etc?

57 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Okay, Dan, take ob board your 'Make Runways' solution/suggestion. Question is, where can I get it and how is it implemented  for a variety of developers' airports, runways, etc etc?

Hi Rick:  Let me Google that for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=makerunways

Dan Downs KCRP